Mercalli 2.0 Settings

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi wanted to ask if one of you is using Mercalli to stabilize footage. Haven't really gotten into post stabi programs yet and now trying around i have the feeling that they make things worse in the sense of adding movement that looks like vibrations.
Any recommendation which post software/plugin it good or any recommendations for mercalli settings that work ?

Thanks

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Japp i remember reading that somewhere but i am just comparing it to lock & load X for FCP and cant get behind the good stuff of Mercalli. Its just not working the way it should i guess, since i am not getting the right settings.

Boris

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Are you looking for settings or the best stabilization program review?

I use the glidecam setting most on Mercalli. It does the least amount of damage and really makes a $10 shot a $10000 shot. But it does have trouble on certain things where it can actually make things worse. Just like any 3d tracking software it needs certain things to work. The anti-rolling shutter setting doesnt really work that well on jello footage. I think the idea is just to use this to fine tune, not to turn garbage into gold.