Maytech Eagle-Multi Series 65A Multicopter OPTO ESC (SimonK) VS Tiger U5 motors

JLO

Does any one have this combination can the firmware be change on this ESC, I ask Maytech and this is the answer:

Tmotors have problem compatible with Simon K ESCs.
If you use Tmotors, you can use ESCs with our own firmware, 65A-OPTO-HS, not MT65A-OPTO-HS-MK.

Hi Sunny I need your best recommendation I currently just bought the following components I have read on the forums that there are issues with the Tiger motor U5 and some Maytech ESC can you clarify
this is what I have

8 Tiger Motor U5
8 Maytech 65A Opto ESC
DJI A2 FC
Can I use the Maytech 65A Opto ESC with TM U5 motors
if YES can you tell me the best throttle calibration procedure or any other thing I should know
if NO what is the recommended ESC for the U5 motor
my intend lift weight is 10 Kg

JLO

Maytech told me to send them the ESC to get flash with their own firmware what do you guys think
my understanding now is that is not the Maytech ESC compatibility with Tiger motors is the Simonk firmware
is this right any one using Tiger motors U5 with Simonk firmware?

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
The issue is that the SimonK firmware can't deal with the majority of high pole count motors in its base configuration. Most of these motors require high timing on the order of 24 to 30 degrees to operate without losing synch on quick throttle changes, SimonK defaults to 18 degrees if I remember correctly. If you have the time, patience, knowledge, and equipment you can change the timing setting in the SimonK source code, recompile it, and upload to the ESC. Then you need to flight test it to see if the problem will occur and that can have catastrophic consequences if it doesn't.

It has been my experience that the factory firmware works with the big motors but they fly like crap, not at all smooth. I'm just now trying out the new version of BLHeli firmware on a set of 22 pole motors and it seems to be the best that I've tried so far although I need to do a lot more testing before I can say for certain that it's the best solution or not.

I'm sure if you send the ESCs you have back and have them reflashed with the factory firmware they will work, the question really is how well they work compared to other firmware options. If they're factory matched to the motors it may be OK, only way to tell is do it and see what the end result is.

Ken

tahoejmfc

James Cole
I am having problems with U7's and Maytech 65A-opto, our copter fell out of the air yesterday <iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/98601240" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe> <p>T-motors U7, Maytech 65A-OPTO Flip of Death/ESC Sync issue from <a href="http://vimeo.com/cinematicdigitalmedia">Cinematic Digital Media</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Hexacrafter

Manufacturer
Maytech ESC are not compatible with U7

We (HexaCrafter) experienced this same problem about 3 months ago. It is now a well documented problem.
We had T-Motor conduct testing with the Maytech HK series ESC and they confirmed that they are not compatible.
T-Motor advised us the ONLY the T-Motor T80a ESC is to be used with the U7-490 kva.
This is the ONLY ESC thay have confirmed works.
They are to be releasing a T80 Pro soon which will also be a recommended solution.

Sorry to hear about your problem.....
We recalled all of our Power Systems for U7 users that had Maytech HK and have replaced them at no charge with the T80a. HexaCrafter now only uses the T80a for the HC-1100L and U7- 490 kva.

Respectfully,

Andrew