Maxamps 11000 mAh 4s 820g

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi,

did a couple test with the maxamp 11Ah lipo and up to now i am not dissapointed:

The 820 g to beginn with are true:

View attachment 3271View attachment 3272

next to a 5000 mAh 5s nano-tecg lipo and a 6s 8000 mAh zippy

Initial charge from 3.8* something per volt, getting in another 4000 mAh,

View attachment 3273

Discharge at 1.2 A, Windows logged me out after 2 hours so i started logging in between again. But i think the main info is there.

View attachment 3274

Hope i can put it to a on copter test soon with some data from unilog. The only thing i am not happy about is one of the cells, Cell 2 lagging behind hmm lets see

Boris

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 464
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 438
  • 11test.jpg
    11test.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 405
  • 11discharge.jpg
    11discharge.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 384
Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Even if it would just have enough in like a 8000mAh the weight and size difference would speak for it !

Boris

jetforce

FLY HIGH AND STAY HIGH
Hi,

did a couple test with the maxamp 11Ah lipo and up to now i am not dissapointed:

The 820 g to beginn with are true:

View attachment 4689View attachment 4690

next to a 5000 mAh 5s nano-tecg lipo and a 6s 8000 mAh zippy

Initial charge from 3.8* something per volt, getting in another 4000 mAh,

View attachment 4691

Discharge at 1.2 A, Windows logged me out after 2 hours so i started logging in between again. But i think the main info is there.

View attachment 4692

Hope i can put it to a on copter test soon with some data from unilog. The only thing i am not happy about is one of the cells, Cell 2 lagging behind hmm lets see

Boris

Hi Boris,

I had the same with one cell on both of mine, but after a few flights it was gone.

Tne next two are in transcit, I`ll test them also.

mailman35

3s or 4s?
edit, nevermind i cant read apparently :p thats a nice battery, pricey tho :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Kari

It's hard to choose which way to go right now with lipos, either buy 2 of these or 8 x zippy 8000mah for less. Tempting to go Zippy way, i have two of them and been very happy with them though. But should i pay the price for reliability keeping the rig in the air more safely? :dejection:

Kari

Blacksails

Anyone know where I could grab a couple of these in the UK? I've searched but can't find anywhere. Are they even legal to ship in from america at that size?

ovdt

I was just checking the same batteries. 11000 mAh with 820g is just impressive. And the warranty they offer is also impressive (300 cycles).

I will never use Zippy Lipos again. I bought 15 of 5800 mAh back in August. Before 40 cycles, 12 of them is now gives undervoltage as soon as I give power to them. Turnigy Lipos, which has the same cycles with them, are still usable.

I bought several Turnigy Nano-tech Lipos, I'm now recording every charge / discharge and will see how long they will last.

Boris, I'm very curios about your flight times with the new 11000 mAh LiPo compared to Zippy 8000 and 5000 mAh Lipos. I'm waiting your results before I buy.

With my X8 setup (AUW is around 4 kg) and Turnigy Nano-Tech 6000 mAh Lipo, I can get 6 minutes of flying. If I could double the flight time with MaxAmps's 11A LiPo that would be awesome. Even in parallel, in theory, I could get 15 minutes of flying with everything loaded on my setup which is fantastic.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Ovdt I have everything hooked up and unilog back on the frame again ready to log. Either still today or tomorrow i will manage to go to the field for a quick test. I will deliver the full log, lets see what it really is capable under load !

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
hmm my post disappeared strange one okay again.

test today with 11Ah CS 8 5.1 KG GH2 12 x 3.8 props on

View attachment 3377

And if the table ever upload to my webserver some more data in detail, sorry about the german but i think you will understand the data.

Boirs

Ah finally :) http://sprealinvest.at/11Ah.html

Attachments

• 11Ah2.jpg
    11Ah2.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 393

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
they hold what they promise capacity wise. I haven't made up my mind yet concerning the price and if for my flying the extra 3 4 min make sense. Other thing I cant make a statement about if the 300 cycles are really given and what happens if not. I am a hobbyist and not a pro AP guy and dont make my cash on shooting footage, so I will probably once some copter dedicated cash is available again order 2 to 3 more. N

Boris

jetforce

FLY HIGH AND STAY HIGH
they hold what they promise capacity wise. I haven't made up my mind yet concerning the price and if for my flying the extra 3 4 min make sense. Other thing I cant make a statement about if the 300 cycles are really given and what happens if not. I am a hobbyist and not a pro AP guy and dont make my cash on shooting footage, so I will probably once some copter dedicated cash is available again order 2 to 3 more. N

Boris

@ Boris,

nice test, haven`t had the time to do my own, but it will come.

In the meentime the two other Batteries arrived, so now it`s four to test.

anaka

really interesting battery!!
I ever used hyperion 6500 4s, recently i'm trying turnigy nanothech 50c but they look less strong of hyperions with big loads, the good thing is that they cost les than the half, lets see how long is theyr life

is there any european seller fot maxamps?