Manual Mode Help Please

I need to get another pilot on our team to fly our rig. The guy we want to use has stated that he refuses to fly a rig where manual mode is present on the mode switch, my initial thought was that it would be no problem, I would just have 2 positions on the switch as atti mode and 1 as gps atti.

Then I realised how important being able to get into gps calibration is. So I thought I would make a new model with man/atti/gps-atti on a 3 way switch, but being on spektrum, model match stops me doing that without rebinding.

So in short can anyone think of a neat way to easily inhibit manual mode when flying, but have it on when I need to calibrate?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I have mine set to the gyro function. I just adjust the gains to engage the correct mode. You can just have two values the same. Same with using the end point adjustment.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I have mine set to the gyro function. I just adjust the gains to engage the correct mode. You can just have two values the same. Same as using the end point adjustment.

soler

I need to get another pilot on our team to fly our rig. The guy we want to use has stated that he refuses to fly a rig where manual mode is present on the mode switch, my initial thought was that it would be no problem, I would just have 2 positions on the switch as atti mode and 1 as gps atti.

Then I realised how important being able to get into gps calibration is. So I thought I would make a new model with man/atti/gps-atti on a 3 way switch, but being on spektrum, model match stops me doing that without rebinding.

So in short can anyone think of a neat way to easily inhibit manual mode when flying, but have it on when I need to calibrate?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Easy way find a guy who does not insist on this!! He does not need to fly in manual mode if he does not want to!

Hi soler, it's not that he doesn't want to fly it manual it's that he sees it as a safety problem and he doesn't
Want to accidentally switch into manual.

Paul

Electro 2

Mirror the orignal setup in another model memory slot, modify the switch modes, bind that slot to the same reciever, no ?? Cal using the original setup, turn the TX off and change slots, reboot the TX in the alternate slot, and you're go.

15crewdawg

True. With Spektrum/JR once you bind the Rx to the second model the first will no longer work with that Rx. You would have to re-bind if you wanted to use the first model.

maxwelltub

I would not let this person fly your rig. I wouldn't let anyone who can't fly manual fly mine, and insisting that manual be removed from the TX config would be terms for immediate disqualification, no further questions

Electro 2

Never tried this so I don't really know for certain, I'll bow to "Crewdawg" here. I agree on the no-fly-manual pilot, not OK. One should absolutely learn to fly first with manual only and not the automated stuff which can fail at any time (or at any firmware revision). The fact he asks for this isn't a good sign.