****MAC Version of the A2 interface has a flaw....*****

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Ok guys i posted a HELP thread last night about setting up a Futaba 8FGs with the A2.
I thought I had a good grasp on programming but no matter what i did i could not get it to work.

Well it turns out, I plugged my A2 in a PC version of the assistant software and my set up works perfectly.

SO.. on my Mac Book pro, you can set up the system, assign channels, and switches, BUT (at least on mine) the switches will never light up the “blue boxes”
The cursers will be set to the perfect location and nothing.
ONLY the RTH would work. IOC and mode switch would not ever light up the blue boxes.

I loaded the Assistant software on my aging PC laptop and connected to the A2 and my set up works perfectly.

SO.. if anyone has a mac, can someone that knows their system is functioning properly check the mac assistant and check
the Mode switch and IOC and see if your blue boxes light up?

THANKS!

kloner

Aerial DP
mine works, what year model mbp are you on? mavericks? I didn't set that part up but my software is showing it working trying it out, think this is the part Droider had problems with using while flying. be careful, this thing isn't ready to use all of it's functions, if you have to test this put it on something cheap

Last edited by a moderator:

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
It’s a 2013 MBP.
OSX10.9.2

I have no interest in IOC or any of that, just need my modes to work.
But on the PC software everything is spot on.
Modes all change as they should. on the mac the cursor moves to the exact same locations but the “blue box” just dosen’t light up.
I can shoot some cell video in a min. if needed.

kloner

Aerial DP
weird.... i get what your saying

i'd use your pc to configure it....this is the first version of the mac software..... they usually have a few non working versions first. I bet it is from testing new product firmwares and stuff like adding lightbridge compatibilty and testing it before it is released but unknowing to us, were being tested....

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I did type a real long and questioning reply but I lost tinternet and everything I typed!

Basically I am wondering if configuring my A2 controllers with the mac is causing my issues.. maybe ticking the boxes I think aren't actually the boxes I want if that makes sense..

Dave

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Dave,

I’m not sure if that’s the problem, but i could not get the modes to work at all. The cursor would move to the right locations, and i had slaved a second switch to get the fail safe to work and everything, but just no “blue box” confirmation. I popped the same set up onto my old beat up PC laptop, changed nothing and it’s all functioning. (at least on the computer) I’m going to go over everything a ton of times calibrate everything and hopefully get in the air sometime this weekend.

kloner

Aerial DP
how are you using a pc? is it bootloader? parallels? a different machine?

These fly just like sx,,,, just has that weird feeling of knowing what you know about it.... is this a demo blog thing or a personal thing? it has that metal case so aclimate it good, the metal makes the temp calibration really get a workout if not..... pre heat it all too before you fly after aclimated, turn it on 10 minutes then fly

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
This is a personal one. Caught a stupid deal and could not pass it up.

And my PC is an actual PC, an older Dell laptop. It sucks for anything but DJI Assistant software and to tune a SuperX.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
OK flew the A2.. it was buttery smooth.
(Unloaded frame, adding gimbal tonight if I have time)

So.. the errors on the mac are just visual errors, the programming works.
but like I said on the PC everything showed up correctly.

fdproductions

FD Productions
Sleepy, to add to your confidence I'm running a MBPR and exactly the same OS and my blue boxes never light up if this really still bothers you mess with your EPA settings on your radio to find the perfect blend of all flight modes without triggering failsafe or RC-TX lost mode.