Lux flight controller

hello everyone I've been trying to set up lux flight controller up and for some reason I can't get my flight controller to get power everything is connected and it was working and I was able to plug it in via a battery and everything turn on... I plug my quad into the computer everything powers up I take it off I plug a battery up nothing happens except ding ding ding like the escs starting up sound and then no light on flight controller or receiver I checked my soldering job on fc everything is in tact it just won't power on just via a battery but will with a computer usb you can see at the picture that it's plugged in with no light on the controller and then another picture with it connected to the computer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 609
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 530

If it powers fine on the usb but not on the battery, you almost have to have a failed connection between your battery and Flight Controller? Or not providing proper voltage.

Are you feeding power directly from the battery to the flight controller? Looks like the Lux can handle up to 6S on the Batt Pad.

Your ESCs look like they have BECs? How you terminating the positives? If you are trying to use one for power to the FC, it looks like the lux requires minimum 6 volts so a 5 volt bec would probably not do the trick. If they are BEC escs, make sure you are also not trying to use all 4, I normally remove the positive and shrink wrap it.

If it powers fine on the usb but not on the battery, you almost have to have a failed connection between your battery and Flight Controller? Or not providing proper voltage.

Are you feeding power directly from the battery to the flight controller? Looks like the Lux can handle up to 6S on the Batt Pad.

Your ESCs look like they have BECs? How you terminating the positives? If you are trying to use one for power to the FC, it looks like the lux requires minimum 6 volts so a 5 volt bec would probably not do the trick. If they are BEC escs, make sure you are also not trying to use all 4, I normally remove the positive and shrink wrap it.
Hmm not really to sure on the ESCs if they have BECs I honestly don't know what that means lol but I have a lumienier pdb that I'm powering my lux flight controller and my escs from via a 1300 turnigy battery I plug it into the computer it does everything I can calibrate the escs and everything work with the receiver but once I unplug it from the computer it just turns right off and goes ding ding ding and then nothing. Something happened with my motor that I thought it wasn't working correctly so I changed my motor and esc just plug right up quick slot because of the lumienier quick change port. I resoldered the wires back onto the lux flight controller from the pdb and plugged up to the computer worked just fine calibrated escs and then took it off tried to start it and it did the ding ding ding stuff and kinda and stumped... But yeah i agree I feel like it's not getting power because the blue led is not on but everything is soldered on tight... Idk I'm not the best solderer lol but still confused about the whole matter it was just working till I resoldered the ground and power from the pdb to then lux fc. And then it started this.

And thanks for helping me and the quick replies first time trying to get help on these forums lol besides in the other forum thread...

I have not used this pdb so I am a little in the dark on what it does with positive from escs. A couple more questions.

Using the quick swap, what resoldering did you do on the Lux for swapping motor and esc?

What kind of ESCs are those? The small wires coming off the esc brown, red, yellow - negative, positive, signal. Tracing the red where does it go and follow it through pdb to Lux if needed for each esc.

The "batt" pad on the Lux is connected to what on the pdb?

Are you using the pololu step down location on the pdb? What kind of pololu?

I just got to work I'm off at 4 I'm going to grab a multimeter when I get off tonight the escs are
http://www.helipal.com/storm-multirotor-mini-30a-oneshot-esc-2s-4s.html

Those wires are plugged underneath the pdb that's my plug cord from the esc to pdb I resoldered my 3 and ground because it was coming off a little bit Ukdo I thought that's what would fix my motor and it did it spins right up now just can't figure the power to the lux and my power is attached to aux 1 and then I have aux 2 to power my camera. And it's plugged into the battery ground spots on the lux board when I get home after getting that meter I'll check and send some more pictures. This is just mind boggling me everything was working fine till I did the esc positive and ground to the flight controller

I just got to work I'm off at 4 I'm going to grab a multimeter when I get off tonight the escs are
http://www.helipal.com/storm-multirotor-mini-30a-oneshot-esc-2s-4s.html

Those wires are plugged underneath the pdb that's my plug cord from the esc to pdb I resoldered my 3 and ground because it was coming off a little bit Ukdo I thought that's what would fix my motor and it did it spins right up now just can't figure the power to the lux and my power is attached to aux 1 and then I have aux 2 to power my camera. And it's plugged into the battery ground spots on the lux board when I get home after getting that meter I'll check and send some more pictures. This is just mind boggling me everything was working fine till I did the esc positive and ground to the flight controller

First picture is the battery and ground for the power to the board and the
image.jpg

This picture shows the esc wires that I solder on the pins from the plus from the escs that I have to put under the pdb and this also shows its connected to aux2 and those black and white wires are being soldered on the 1234 tabs with grounds as power idk this is al confusing:(
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 1,988
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 1,874

If you are using AUX2 but do not have a Pololu installed or jumper the Pololu pin stops, you have no power at those wires. This part of the PDB is used generally for a 5 volt step down to power a Naze32 or similar. So I don't know how it would have previously started off battery power alone unless you were getting power through the receiver but it doesn't look like it. Or if this one was of the wiring changes you made.

Look it over and see if that makes sense.

To move forward,
-You could install a Pololu but if I what I am reading about the Lux is correct, there is no need as the board doesn't require 5 volt power. I mean, maybe you would end up with better power quality, but that is not my department.
-You could move the FC power wires from AUX2 to AUX1(This should* be battery voltage) or the Battery pads assuming you are running less than 6S.

Attachments

• Lux.JPG
    Lux.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 304

The little black square on the bottom of the board looks like it's blown idk though I can't really tell... But could that be the reason

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 317

I haven't used those ESCs, but I'll be interested to know if they give you any trouble once your Flight Controller is working. I have one set of DJI escs from their 310 system that if I remember correctly, did not like having their positive wire connected to nothing. These seem to be similar in that there is a red positive wire but they are Opto escs.

If you are using AUX2 but do not have a Pololu installed or jumper the Pololu pin stops, you have no power at those wires. This part of the PDB is used generally for a 5 volt step down to power a Naze32 or similar. So I don't know how it would have previously started off battery power alone unless you were getting power through the receiver but it doesn't look like it. Or if this one was of the wiring changes you made.

Look it over and see if that makes sense.

To move forward,
-You could install a Pololu but if I what I am reading about the Lux is correct, there is no need as the board doesn't require 5 volt power. I mean, maybe you would end up with better power quality, but that is not my department.
-You could move the FC power wires from AUX2 to AUX1(This should* be battery voltage) or the Battery pads assuming you are running less than 6S.
And what's a pololu

Okay that makes sense I'll move them back to aux 1 then and then get something for those holes and solder then on for an aux 2 so where would I run my camera from if I didn't wanna use aux 2?

now just can't figure the power to the lux and my power is attached to aux 1 and then I have aux 2 to power my camera. And it's plugged into the battery ground spots on the lux board when I get home after getting that meter I'll check and send some more pictures. This is just mind boggling me everything was working fine till I did the esc positive and ground to the flight controller

I am not seeing camera power wires?

You said you have Aux2 to power your camera but it looks like those are the wires running up to flight controller?

Yes my apologies. I changed those last night because I was so very confused with the whole situation I had them on aux 1 at first I messed up when typing it sorry about that. And I don't have the camera wires on there yet I just wanted to get the getting it to fly first before I do some fpv with it.