Lumix GH4 on a Zenmuse GH3 gimbal

ebeez

This may be a silly question but can you just replace the:[h=1]DJI-Z15-02 DJI Zenmuse Z15 HDMI-AV Cable[/h]
with the:
[h=1]DJI ZENMUSE Z15-GH4 HDMI CABLE[/h][h=3]Part# DJIZ1560[/h]
and use the GH4 o the GH3 gimbal?

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
They're the bits that transmit the signal through the frame of the Zenmuse (hence the no visible wires). I think the older Zens had around 6 and the HD ones have maybe 20 or more? That's just a guess. Basically the newer zens are mechanically different as well as electronically.

Jumpy07

If you are just trying to change mini to micro HDMI then cable change should work.. I changed the mini HDMI on my Z15N to a Micro.. and used the one off a BMPCC Zenmuse for my Sony A6000 no issues..

My new GH4 HD Zemuse came with mini and micro cables...btw

The ends/ connectors at the HDMI board end look the same on all the Zenmuse's

scotth

If you are just trying to change mini to micro HDMI then cable change should work.. I changed the mini HDMI on my Z15N to a Micro.. and used the one off a BMPCC Zenmuse for my Sony A6000 no issues..

My new GH4 HD Zemuse came with mini and micro cables...btw

The ends/ connectors at the HDMI board end look the same on all the Zenmuse's

GH3 gimbal will not handle 1080p which is what the GH4 outputs, regardless of cable swap. I'm running a GH4 on my GH3 gimbal with a lightweight hdmi ribbon cable running to an HDMI to composite converter, then up to the iOSD. I'm able to get a couple of turns on the gimbal. Keeping my fingers crossed that the next GH4 firmware update enables 1080i out, which means the cable swap would work. Not holding my breath though.

Jumpy07

Cheers, didnt know that.. just got my GH4.. and HD GH4 gimbal.. so the HDMI board is obviously different from the other Zens..

I purchased the GH4 board and micro hdmi cable to fit on my Z15-GH3.
The slip-ring cable plug on the GH3 gimbal has a slightly smaller plug than the connector on the Gh4 board by one pin.
Has anyone figured out if it can be made compatible?
OR can someone post a close-up photo of the GH4 board with slip-ring cable plugged in?
The boards and mounting hole pattern are identical in size.

Thanks
Matt

Not a great solution.
1) The Z15-BMPCC board is plug and play (kind of), but the signal to start/stop recording does not work. You have to use double side tape and one of the mount holes to attach it; or
2) Just use an HDMI to AV converter like everyone else.

Did you find a solution ?

Can someone please take a picture of thier GH4 HDMI Converter board with the Slipr ing plug plugged in so that I can get color code for pinout. Thank you.

bob.titus

up : could someone post a photo of their GH4 HDMI Converter board with the Slip-ring connector plugged in so that I can get color code for pinout.
Thank you.

up : could someone post a photo of their GH4 HDMI Converter board with the Slip-ring connector plugged in so that I can get color code for pinout.
Thank you.
I ended up purchasing a gh4 gimbal and unlike the gh3 there is no color combo on the cabling.