LT105 (ARF) Brushed MicroQuad w/F3 Flight controller -Unboxing-Review--Pictures-FlightVideos

danq0

LT105 ARF Micro Brushed F3 Quadcopter
http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_440381.html?wid=21&lkid=10113628
gf9d.md.jpg

Propellers Requirements >0.94mm center hole & 60-65mm prop length
The following are 60-65mm propellers which will fit the frame, I am unsure if they will fit the motor shaft though
Gemfan 65mm Propellers- $1.89 X 2pairs

E40G 65mm Propellers- $2.69

Generic 60mm- $2.48

Table of Contents
Post1
Videos.................................
Introduction........................
Pictures w/commentary....
Review................................
Pros&Cons.........................
Final Thoughts...................
Post2
Misc.....................................​

Videos:
►Unbox►Review►TestFlight Backyard

Introduction:
With micro quads gaining popularity, I had to see what the fuss was all about. Seeing videos of people zooming around their house seems like so

much fun. The LT105 from gearbest.com is an ARF, micro quadcopter, built for FPV purposes. It arrives almost fully assembled with the exception

of micro receiver of your choosing. The F3 flight controller, held in place by double sided foam tape, is well protected in a carbon fiber frame. The

motors and camera/vtx are already soldered to the board. Out of the box, the LT105 (not including RX, props, battery) weighs only 35.7 grams.

Pictures:

Included contents: LT105, 4Xpropellers, 2xLiPo, prop remover, cables for charger, extra rubberbands & screws & double sided tape

IMG_5599.jpg

Front View with props and receiver installed. Camera is held in place with sticky tape and rubber band. Ive crashed multiple times now, and the

camera stays in place perfectly fine.

gffo.jpg

IMG_5610.jpg

Side Views:There is plenty of space for a micro side receiver inside the frame. If your receiver is too big, placing it on top is another option.

IMG_5605.jpg

IMG_5607.jpg

Rear View: Frame is held together with plastic spacer stands, and plastic screws

IMG_5608.jpg

IMG_5618.jpg

Top View:

IMG_5630.jpg

Bottom View: Rubber mounts hold the motors in place

IMG_5615.jpg

The rubber mounts hold the motors in place very well, but I found after a crash, the motors can will move up/down slightly

IMG_5612.jpg

500TVL camera with 5.8ghz 25mW 32CH VTX and CP antenna: very lightweight. This Cam/VTX combo is sufficiently held in place with sticky tape

and rubberband. My LT105 has been in multiple crashes now, and the

IMG_5611.jpg

I found the lobes on the antenna will bend and lose its shape after a crash, luckily it's not too difficult to bend back.

IMG_5614.jpg

VTX uses dip switch to save weight, the best way to switch channels/freq, is to remove the top plate of the frame.

IMG_5621.jpg

SPFracing 32bit F3 flight controller, it is capable of up to a 2S battery. Simply short the corresponding pads for either 1S or 2S. It comes

presoldered for 1S, so you will have to remove the solder from the two 1S contacts, and then solder the 2 pads for 2S. Make sure all 3 are NEVER

shorted at once. DSM connectors use UART3, sbus and PPM use UART2. Micro usb port is easily accessible through the rear.

IMG_5620.jpg

Review:
A = Awesome, B = Above Average, C = Average, D = Below Average, F = BAAAD
Build Quality=B:
The carbon fiber frame is very lightweight, measuring in at just 1 mm thick. The arms are definitely the weakest point of the

frame, there is slight flexing when pressure is applied. Nonetheless, I feel the LT105 is still very durable. The construction of this quad is very

simple: 2 carbon fiber pieces held together by plastic columns and plastic screws. The rest of the quad is held together by foam tape and rubber

bands, which is the reason why I gave it a B. Don't take the grading the wrong way, the foam tape and rubber bands do an excellent job holding

everything together, I just feel that it cheapens the feel of the quad. I have actually been in a few crashes now, Nothing was out of place, in fact the

only damage I have sustained thus far were a couple of bent props as well as a bent antenna. Both of which I simply bent back, and got to flying

again.

Flying Performance (power, agility, flight time)= :

Features= :

Fun Factor=A: Flying through tight places, is something I have always wanted to do, but was never able to do because I didnt have anything

that would allow me to comfortably do so. I have had micro sized toy quads, but with toy grade transmitters, controlling the quad was very difficult.

I also had mini sized quadcopters, but they were far too powerful to be flying in confined spaces. Even flying at the park, weaving in and out of trees

was something I have been wanting to do as well, but was not able to because I was afraid I would hit a pedestrian. Now I am able to do all of this,

and wow is it fun. The LT105 is FAST, being able to fly acro and to be able control it with a regular sized transmitter is just pure joy!

Pros:
Pre-assembled
Pre-tuned SPFracing F3 Flight controller
Easy to access microUSB port
Plenty of room for a micro rx
1S&2S capability (short corresponding contacts)
Fast
Fun
Agile
Very Stable

Cons:
Camera takes a little getting used to (refer to video)
Antenna lobes bend easily in a crash
Motors will require adjusting after crashing or hard landing

Final Thoughts:
The LT105 meets all my expectations and more. It is fast, agile, and very stable, which makes it very easy to fly. Being as small as it is, it's not as

intimidating to fly when compared with larger, mini quads. With mini quads sized 150+ the sound alone can scare off people (potential pilots as

well as passer-bys). With about a 50gram take off weight, in the even of a crash, damage to people and property is greatly reduced, probably 100%

reduced, I don't see these causing damage unless flown into someones eye, or even their head.

The quad arrives almost ready to fly, all you need to do is solder on a suitable RX, and you're good to go. There is really no need for other steps

unless you want to modify flight properties through clean flight. I used an sbus RX from radiolink, and it seemed as if everything was already pre-

set, for other RX's including ppm or DSM, you will probably have to adjust a few parameters to make it work- a simple procedure that is outlined in

the manual.

in progress...