Lots on new changes coming...

Erick Royer

Hey everyone,

We finally have a place for our dedicated fans of the podcast to communicate, share ideas and learn from one another. I have talked about it on the podcast for a while, but we have one of the best teams on the net assembled to make Drone Vibes your one stop for everything drone related.

In the upcoming episodes the podcast will begin to take a slightly new form, with more guests, beginner information, reviews and, of course, all the great drone (multirotor) information that you love.

Please let me know if there are any specific topics that you would like us to cover... This podcast is for you so we want to deliver the information that you want.

Thank you for all the support...
-Erick

Steve Cole

Erick:

Love the new site and branding...will podcast name change as well? Where are the show notes on the new site?

quackslayer

Just wondering....in the past as part of the podcast you would say "just don't call them drones", but now are using the word in the title. Why the change of heart? Simply because most people call them drones? :D

Love the new website however and appreciate what you do for the community!

Petr Hejl

Staff Member
Just wondering....in the past as part of the podcast you would say "just don't call them drones", but now are using the word in the title. Why the change of heart? Simply because most people call them drones? :D

Well, the Podcast was created before the "D" word became this widely used, so a small tweak was appropriate to go with the times and bring a great content to listeners who only know them as "Drones". Thank you for your feedback, please, let us know how can we make this even better:)

Erick Royer

As we move forward with the website and podcast we are aiming for a much larger audience and the D word has become so mainstream that we feel it is going to make the podcast easier to find and keep our subscriber base growing. We are here to serve you, our listeners, so we value any input that you want to share. We promise it will keep getting better and better

Erick Royer

Love the podcasts...finally one that doesn't just joke around - definitely chock full of professional advice and info...thanks for all the time and effort
Thank you - we are here for you! We have a lot of cool new stuff in store for future episodes. Please let us know if there is anything else that you would love to see us incorporate into the show

RandyWales

Is Joe still part of the show?
I agree....Joe Papa is an integral part of the podcast, regardless of the name...You two are inseparable....like any successful duo....Joe's knowledge and experience....incomparable!!!! DroneVibes future depends on Erick and Joe...closely followed by Peter, of course....

maxx4wd

Thank you - we are here for you! We have a lot of cool new stuff in store for future episodes. Please let us know if there is anything else that you would love to see us incorporate into the show

I know on one of your older shows that you talked about dynamic prop balancing on an s900 - I think that segment would be awesome to include as many probably have never attempted to dynamically balance props and since these folding style props are still fairly common on the bigger birds it would be a viable addition...

Erick Royer

I know on one of your older shows that you talked about dynamic prop balancing on an s900 - I think that segment would be awesome to include as many probably have never attempted to dynamically balance props and since these folding style props are still fairly common on the bigger birds it would be a viable addition...
That is a great idea and we will be sure to revisit this in the next couple episodes - thank you

Petr Hejl

Staff Member
Actually, we can talk about my mission to remove the harmonic vibrations out of the S-900 frame, which includes balancing the motors/props. Great suggestion!

archmac

On my wish list of what I would like to learn:

1. Goggles; for both the FPV pilot and the photographer point of view

2. Charger; for both the FPV pilot, recreational flyer and the pro

3. Portable generator; for in the field charging

Erick Royer

On my wish list of what I would like to learn:

1. Goggles; for both the FPV pilot and the photographer point of view

2. Charger; for both the FPV pilot, recreational flyer and the pro

3. Portable generator; for in the field charging
Thank you for the suggestions - we will get something together ASAP for an upcoming show