Losing video feed on spool up

When throttling up, I loose the video feed when I get to 1/3 throttle. Don't think it is my radio, because the radio signal shouldn't increase just because I move the throttle forward. I don't know this for sure, just a SWAG. Can it be the motors? Tried it on a multi-rotor Hex and a powerchute. Same thing happens. I know moving the FPV transmitter further away will work, but I can only go so far. I have a 2.4 radio system and the FPV is a 1.2 system that I purchased from Hobby Wireless. Any Ideas?

kloner

Aerial DP
Does the video tx have it's own battery? does the audio portion make alot of noise as you fire it up? all those vtx that aren't immersion need there own power source. 2.4 isn't really made to use with 1.2 video transmitters...... most people are on 433 lrs type radios with it or they run the 5.8 systems. I think a big part of the problem is radio waves go in doubles, the next wave of 1.2 is 2.4, the next is 4.8 then 9.6 so it goes right around 5.8, can emit loud rfi and not interfere. hard to understand, but is how it works.

you most likely need a filter like this http://www.readymaderc.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_45_52&products_id=484 and another lipo to power the vtx and it should have a quality SWITCHING bec if possible.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
barnett
can you post a picture of your video tx location? a few of us had this problem and found that yo'll get that problem if the video tx is too close to the flight control and esc's. the other comments may be spot on as well but location seems to matter.
bart