Looking for a little help starting a new build

Not sure this is the right place to post but I'll give it a shot.
This was originally posted in the beginner forum but It may have been in the wrong place so I respectfully hope I have better luck in this forum.
Thank you.

Since I have made up my mind to get a pre-ordered Yuneec Typhoon H for my Video drone and
a couple of starter (learning) drones:

Potensic® Upgraded X5C-1 Syma Explorer 2.4GHz 6 Axis Gyro 4CH RC Quadcopter with 2 Megapixels Camera

and

JJRC H20C Nano 2MP Camera Hexacopter Quadcopter 2.4G 6CH 6Axis Headless Mode RTF

I also bought a Fly Sky T6 because of the good reviews but I also want a i10 to go with my new build.

I have plenty of battery chargers (been working with LiPo's and LiOn for years)
I have been in Electronics most of my adult life and am good with mechanics and a fair programmer, although I really don't want to go that far because my brain is getting old.

I think it's time to get started building my own from scratch.
I have no clue where to start.

I was looking at getting a frame first. I guess maybe a 300-400 size but I am not even sure that's where I need to start. I want to build up to getting all of the better parts to assemble this thing. I would imagine by the time it will take to assemble it all I will know a lot more about this hobby.
Buying a kit is not out of the question as long as I can customize it as I see fit (interchangeability is the word of the day)

I am close to retirement so I will have plenty of time but I want to get started because you just never know what tomorrow will bring.

Any thoughts?

Thanks ahead of time, Dave

Hoki

oh oh oh go on aliexpress.com and search for s450 or s500 frame, that's the one I have. Aliexpress and banggood and gearbest (especially for the batteries cause they are only like 15 dollars for a 5500mah) are the way to go cause you'll get your stuff for half the cost you'd normally pay if you went on amazon or other US stores.

Thanks Hoki, I've been following your build but no in detail. Maybe I should take a closer look. (As long as I don't have to read all caps....LOL)

Thanks again.

Hoki

well I donno if I've been very detailed about anything. but there's nothing to it. just get 4 ESCs, 4 motors, a flight controller and I recommend a skyline32 or naza with you want gps however skyline32 can support a gps but it's not as straight forward as naza. then get a battery which you can get a good one for 15 dollars on gearbest.com which I got 3 of already. search for 5500 floureon. Then you'll prolly need some wire and xt60 plugs to make your power connector and you just solder the ESCs and power connector to the frame if it has a built in power distribution and connect the ESC plugs into the flight control and make your flight controller centered with some sticky tape on the frame and oh yeah first solder some 3mm bullet connectors on the motor wires and on the ESC wires that go to the motor and use heat shrink tubes to cover the exposed metal parts then you just connect them together. I usually put the male connectors on the motors and female on the ESCs. Then after it's all connected you just plug in the flight controller into the computer and do the step by step set up calibrations. OH and get a remote and receiver which normally comes with it anyway cause you need to plug the receiver into the flight controller too but usually you just need the 1 3 wire plug going into channel 1 of the receiver and set up PPM mode and I just shrink wrap the extra unused plugs and wires together and just tape it down somewhere hidden. The s500 frame with built in power distribution is like 25 dollars or less on aliexpress and with a large frame it's super easy putting it together just as easy and snapping legos together I think. The only think that bothers me is all the screwing involved. There's so many small screws and with all the frame swapping I've been doing I'm just screwing my brains out here.