Looking back a year

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Last year I used to wake up and start reading the new threads in this forum. At the time, over the course of a day there would be just one page of new threads or on a busy day perhaps as much as two so I was able to read them all. Roll forward a year and holy cow man. These machines are multiplying faster than a bunch of horny rabbits.

Im guessing with the new look site the membership of this forum is only going to continue to expand as it has. It will be interesting to see what happens after Christmas.

There will be a hell of a lot of newbs turning up here in the weeks ahead so I just hope they get as good a reception as when I joined.

blades

Yeah... This time last year we had just moved to a new house... I had Phantom but had only flown it a few times, now a year later my wife is into flying also, we have 2 Phantoms, 2 F550's and a S1000. It feels like it's been a steep learning curve. I guess the easiest way to describe it is to liken it to learning a new language. You feel in the gobble d gook for ages and then all of a sudden the mist begins to clear!
Sometimes I feel like it's difficult to keep up on the new tech coming out. This forum has most certainly been a major part of my learning journey!

dazzab

A year on and I'm wondering why I didn't invest in a blimp rather than multi rotors. I could shoot anywhere and not have to deal with CASA/FAA. Probably a lot cheaper as well.

bensid54

Don't forget about people phoning police when you fly in school grounds and it makes those with Grow-ops nervous.