Long Endurance DJI F450 Quad for FPV - Trouble With My Build (ecalc included)

boba7523

Hey guys, soo it looks like I'm stuck in my F450 build and need a little help. Basically, i'm not happy with the trust % being at 66% (this is not even taking in adding FPV gears).

I'm looking to build a long endurance F450 quad for FPV and here are the parts I plugged into ecalc. I love everything, especially the flight time, but not liking the thrust with 4S 8000 mah... I need the thrust to be more near 50% without sacrificing too much flight time but so far i'm not finding an ideal combo.

DJI F450 Frame with extended arms
SunnySky V3508 380 KV motor (4)
HobbyWing Platinum 30A Opto ESC (4)
APC Slo Flyer 14x4.7" props (4)
Zippy Flightmax 4S1P 8000 mah

sQz7GJA.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Hey guys, soo it looks like I'm stuck in my F450 build and need a little help. Basically, i'm not happy with the trust % being at 66% (this is not even taking in adding FPV gears).

I'm looking to build a long endurance F450 quad for FPV and here are the parts I plugged into ecalc. I love everything, especially the flight time, but not liking the thrust with 4S 6000 mah... I need the thrust to be more near 50% without sacrificing too much flight time but so far i'm not finding an ideal combo.

DJI F450 Frame with extended arms
SunnySky V3508 380 KV motor (4)
HobbyWing Platinum 30A Opto ESC (4)
APC Slo Flyer 14x4.7" props (4)
Zippy Flightmax 4S1P 8000 mah

sQz7GJA.png

We need some more info on your craft. How long are the arms? at a glance it looks like you are using too low KV motors. You should be int he 400s with 15 inch props... from there you go to a 6s battery and should achieve what you are looking for assuming you have long enough arms. There is a VERY long thread over at fpv labs under aerial MOB arms in the team black sheep area.

boba7523

We need some more info on your craft. How long are the arms? at a glance it looks like you are using too low KV motors. You should be int he 400s with 15 inch props... from there you go to a 6s battery and should achieve what you are looking for assuming you have long enough arms. There is a VERY long thread over at fpv labs under aerial MOB arms in the team black sheep area.

I'm using Aimdroix arms that can swing max 14" props. For SunnySky V3508 series, they only have 580kv or 380kv...
I've plugged in 6S battery but it doesn't give as good flight time as with 4S (from what i recall)