Lipo Battery Question

rwilabee

I have a 4s 10,000 mah Lipo and after charging the number one cell is only charged to 97% while the others are charged to 99%

The voltage on the cells are

1 4.16
2 4.20
3 4.20
4 4.20

Is this pack safe to fly with.

Rich

gtranquilla

RadioActive
I had similar issues but it was the voltage measurement that was incorrect...... cheap charger and battery monitor...... When I connected a Fluke Multimeter the readings were all 4.2 Volt for both 5000 maH 6S batteries.........
I have a 4s 10,000 mah Lipo and after charging the number one cell is only charged to 97% while the others are charged to 99%

The voltage on the cells are

1 4.16
2 4.20
3 4.20
4 4.20

Is this pack safe to fly with.

Rich

rwilabee

I am using a top of the line Thunder Power charger. I got my readings using a Hyperion EOS Sentry. I do have a Fluke Multimeter and I'll check it with that. The pack is brand new.

dma251

I periodically will have a pack that does that, and once it starts the imbalance grows. I made a special charge harness that lets me charge individual cells through the balance plug so I can manually bring the whole pack even again, then I do a deep cycle with it, and everything is back in harmony.

I've been doing this to maintain my pile of Turnigy 3S packs for a couple years now, and I have hundreds of cycles on these packs and very few failures. I am still able to get the rated amount of power out of them without going below 3.6V per cell, so I guess its working.