Lipo battery balance connector repair help!

Hey everyone, so while i was flying my X8 heavylift I forgot to strap down the balance connector of one of my lipos and the prop totally shredded it. The battery is fine and works but the balance connector is pretty much gone with only the separate wires left. I bought the supplies to put a new balance connector on but have no clue how to do it and havent found anything online. Does anybody know how to do it or could repair it for me?

Here is a picture of the lipo and the stuff i bought to repair it, I put tape on the ends so they wouldnt touch the other wires.

View attachment 27559 View attachment 27560

Attachments

• IMG_20160229_175313.jpg
    IMG_20160229_175313.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 471
  • IMG_20160229_175508.jpg
    IMG_20160229_175508.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 427

Jason S

Simply crip each wire with those connectors left pic ( i like to dap a little solder for extra security).

Then if you have same battery follow the balancer plug from right to left. the connectors simply push into the balancing plug once they go in give a tug to make sure there secure.

The connectors should have a little tab on them be carefull not to flatten them when cripping good luck

Simply crip each wire with those connectors left pic ( i like to dap a little solder for extra security).

Then if you have same battery follow the balancer plug from right to left. the connectors simply push into the balancing plug once they go in give a tug to make sure there secure.

The connectors should have a little tab on them be carefull not to flatten them when cripping good luck
Awesome, thanks very much il give it a try.

JCLs

It is a PITA to crimp these things and not damage them. There are a couple places that sell them and I carefully (one wire at a time) cut wires and solder up to wires on new connector. Wire colors vary so just be careful to get order right. Use heat shrink each connection. Always remember these leads connected to battery and is easier than you would think to short something.
http://www.buddyrc.com/accessory/balance-cables.html

KG5BBF AMA#954079

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
are all of the original crimps still on the wires? you can probably pop the metal from the new plugs and slide your individual wires into a new white housing. crimping takes a little time to master and you need the right tool. might be easier to just solder the balance wires to a new braid with the plug already attached.