Linking futaba receiver and controller

Raptor4184

Basically was messing around and remodeling my f550, and went to power on and found it was not linked anymore to my T8J. Idk why and now it's the same story with my f450. How is this happening I only was messing with the 550?
a7f371997c818caa2c4ebd95de7640e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DroneTalk

R/C Expert
Staff member
Your not binding the radio, the radio is bound once the light is solid green. You press the button on the recieve till it's blinking once it goes green you're bound. Keep the radio closer to the receiver.

Last edited:

Raptor4184

i tried and i get the same thing. i press and hold for 3 seconds and just goes from solid red to blinking red.

DJI27

I'm not familiar with the 8J but do have a Futaba 14SG Tx.

The fact that more than one of your models "all of sudden" shows no binding leads me to believe the source of the problem is at the Tx and not at the Rx's.

Double check to be sure that you're not 8J is NOT in some kind of reduced RF signal power condition. For your Tx I think that option is available for Range Testing.... to re-establish a link you need to be at FULL power and both the Tx and Rx should be very close together.

P.S. The change from blinking red to solid red is a good thing.... the blinking red is the stage just before linking is successful. Maybe just waiting longer after getting blinking red will be all that's needed....;)

Raptor4184

Well my charger is low on battery only 6 to 7v. Is that an issue? I'll try what you said. How do I get it out of range test mode?

DJI27

Well my charger is low on battery only 6 to 7v. Is that an issue? I'll try what you said. How do I get it out of range test mode?

Sorry .... there I can't help you..... don't own an 8J.

Both acceptable Tx battery levels and Range Check options should be spelled out in your T8J manual.

Try google to download a manual if you don't have one already.

Raptor4184

Sorry .... there I can't help you..... don't own an 8J.

Both acceptable Tx battery levels and Range Check options should be spelled out in your T8J manual.

Try google to download a manual if you don't have one already.

I meant controller not charger

DJI27

I meant controller not charger

The Tx (transmitter) and controller are actually the same thing.... sorry I confused you.

You need to check your T8J manual to find out what the acceptable voltage for the TJ8 controller battery should be.

Just compare what the manual says against what your controller still shows on its screen (7.6v ???) . If its close, your controller battery is probably OK and you should then find the section in the manual that talks about TJ8 range test. Go through that part of the manual and be sure the Range Test is turned off. Once your sure the Range Test is off, go through the binding procedure you did before and once you get the flashing red light on the Futaba receiver give it enough time to turn green. Once it turns green your controller and receiver are again bound together.

If you haven't flown in a while your Controller battery may not hold a charge as well as it did when it was new. Battery's can actually show full voltage until they're actually put to use and then QUICKLY drop in voltage if the battery is old or unhealthy.
If your battery is old its wise to buy a new one .... you could loose control of your quad if the controller voltage drops too low.

Raptor4184

nothing is working, and futaba didnt help much over the phone. How do can i restart my reciever to factory and rmeote?