Let us know what your favorite brand of radio equipment is

droneadmin

Administrator
Staff member
We are curious what your favorite brand of radio equipment is and why you chose it over the other options available to you

maxx4wd

Personally I love the Futaba 14SG - I really like it because I basically have 1 radio for everything...since I fly pretty much everything...3D planes / park flyers / wings / multirotors (from the 130mm to a dual controller S900). I just find that having one (or two) of the same radio is so much easier then lugging around multiple radios for specific planes...plus you can make your own telemetry cables with just a few pieces of knowledge and some patients walking down the aisles at frys. I do like the taranis for miniquads but not enough to switch...the gimbals are just so much nicer on the futaba and I never have any radio issues...to each their own but that's my personal preference.

Petr Hejl

Staff Member
I'm there with Maxx, Futaba 14SG. It's a really reliable controller, and S-bus makes it easy to connect to most flight controllers with only one wire, making for really clean installs. I've has Spectrums before, their 18 channel is nice, I still keep a 9 channel Spectrum for my bind&fly toys.

STI-REX

Gettin Old
I am currently using a Futaba T8FG Super I have had Spektrum in the past in my 3d heli days but much prefer the user friendliness of the Futaba

Currently using 11 channels oft he 14 Sbus Channels available via an Sbus hub and an SBC decoder on my QAV500V2 fitted with a Z1 Tiny 2 , 3-Axis gimbal

Bcbal

Spektrum has given me many reliable flights just started with a taranis x9d and I love it very easy to configure for quads but I still love my jr radios for Helis what can I say

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
I've used all the major brands except Jeti. I always come back to Futaba and JR. Work aircraft both have 14SGs and I have my own, plus a JR 11X.