LEDs.. WOW these babys are BRIGHT!

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
PS: I have also received my LED's and they are super bright. If you look at them, you can't see properly for ages afterwards!

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
That's okay Dell boy :)

I'm jealous! You are going to beat me to it! I bought the 2 red strobe led's and also the white, red and green superbright for side navigation. Problem with these is that they are hard to mount, what with exposed wires underneath. I though of bonding a rubber washer to the back, then bonding that to the frame...how did you plan on mounting yours?

Also, the very bright ones take 50ma if I can remember correctly. If I use 6 of those and 2 of the strobe led's, will that BEC that you have there be able to drive it okay? Will it all draw much current from my main batteries?

Cheers, Gunter.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
attachment.php

Not the best pic but I used shrink wrap to cover the connections then braided wire sleeve. I will be drilling a hole the size of the LED globe and hot glueing it in place. Altwernitavley the lot in a price od plastic tube cut just long enough to take the connection and add the resistor further down the line

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Also, the very bright ones take 50ma if I can remember correctly. If I use 6 of those and 2 of the strobe led's, will that BEC that you have there be able to drive it okay? Will it all draw much current from my main batteries?

I had both strobe and fader + two super brights and mo mither.. and thats still only 0.2 of a watt

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Not the best pic but I used shrink wrap to cover the connections then braided wire sleeve. I will be drilling a hole the size of the LED globe and hot glueing it in place. Altwernitavley the lot in a price od plastic tube cut just long enough to take the connection and add the resistor further down the line

Perfect, many thanks for the pic. I'll pop out to the workshop and try that now quickly!

I like the braided sleeving, I'll have to get some of that for my build.

Cheers, Gunter.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I forgot to ask, are you putting the strobes into LED holders? I found the field of view a bit less when I tried it...

Gunter.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Dave, please let me know what diameter braided sleeve you are using there.

Sorry did not see this post.. 2-6mm from Fastlad.. U found anywhere else.

CPC do it in 10 m lengths but they want 3 quide for the pack, 5 quid handling and 2 quid postage!

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Very good Dave, looks great. I am planning to do a similar thing with my flashing led's, but wondering if they need to be further apart, so they are more visible from a distance? I think the 2 lights might look like one from 30 or 40 metres away?? Not that it makes a difference!

Gunter.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Very good Dave, looks great. I am planning to do a similar thing with my flashing led's, but wondering if they need to be further apart, so they are more visible from a distance? I think the 2 lights might look like one from 30 or 40 metres away?? Not that it makes a difference!

Gunter.

Na.. they are as bright as the sun! Even in direct sunlight they are distinguishable... At night they are SUPER BRIGHT... may be even a litttle to bright..

They are Saugeil:pig:

3DJIM

Low Down Hucker
Wow great find just what I was looking for :), Just sent an email request for the pdf... seems strange but hey ho!!

Jim.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Wow great find just what I was looking for :), Just sent an email request for the pdf... seems strange but hey ho!!

Jim.

Not the easiest of websites or catalogues to interoperate so if you need any pointers just give me a shout. I have had quite a bit off him just to find out what they were!:)

Dave

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Agreed Dave, but his service is top notch, quick postage, well packaged and come with wires attached and tested. I've also had quite a few connectors, boards, wire etc off him and it is all well priced.

3DJIM

Low Down Hucker
Not the easiest of websites or catalogues to interoperate so if you need any pointers just give me a shout. I have had quite a bit off him just to find out what they were!:)

Dave

Thanks for the offer m8, I will fire you a pm soon then once I get the pdf, I want stupid bright for my quad and swift2 !!! and strobes!. Like you I may end up ordering a fair bit just to mess with.

Jim.