Latest Info on Photohigher mounts

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Thought I would post this info just sent to me by Kimberley at Photohigher.

My new mount is on its way from Digitech. They also have the 360º model.

Ahh unfortunatley they are to big to upload or the upload does not allow PDF files. Any one want the info PM me with your email address.

I will be reporting on it when I get it, scheduled delivery is friday fingers crossed

:)

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Got the PDF and had a look, don't see anything different from what they're selling now and the mount I have so I guess they haven't changed anything since mine came off the assembly line. I saw the pan option, looks mighty fugly if you ask me and I really don't see the need on a multi anyway, I've got a control stick will do the same thing for roughly $300 less

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Think the servos are different according to Sandor at Digitech

They are, I supposedly got the first one with the new servos according to Rob @ Droidworx. Let me know what the servos are when you get yours, I'm curious to see if they're the same or if they changed them again, Rob did mention that they might do that in which case I get a set of the new ones.

Ken

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Ken its gone midnight here and I aint had a beer coz Ive been setting up the Pro mini mount. I am trying to get my head around the various settings but I cant seem to stop the gimbal rolling when all it should be doing in nicking. When I tip the ADX forward the nick works ok but the roll leans the camera over to the left also, and it not just me being gozzy eyed nither.. Help

I will post some photos of it tomorrow but right now I need me bed

dave

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Please check out the video of the problem its driving me nuts

I think I saw a post over on Ziggys site that you got this taken care of, good fix on that one.

I'd like to know what you think of the Pro Mini once you get a chance to use it a bit. The new ones off the line are coming with the Savox servos which yours has and I have the last generation Hyperion servos. I'm not really happy with the Hyperions I think they lag a bit on response to changes in attitude seen by the flight controller and I'm not talking about a loaded platform either, it seems that way empty testing it on the bench. The other thing I notice is it isn't leveling correctly either, at small angle changes it's pretty good but as it goes further towards maximum travel the error factor increases to a point where when it's more than half way to maximum travel to either side on the roll axis the platform is noticeably off level. I don't know if that's an issue with the servos, the axis drive ratio, or some settings in the flight controller that are not in, but related to, the camera settings tab.

I checked back into old email and I do have a note from Adam at Quadro saying that Kimberly was going to change to the Savox servos and that they would be updating the mounts that had already been purchased so I'll be sending him a reply asking when I can expect to get the new servos. I looked up the specs using the servo model numbers I saw in the pics you posted and they are considerably stronger and faster than the Hyperion so that may be what mine needs to make it right.

On a side note I ordered a custom built multi-axis mount from Avertical View, total price is less than half what the Pro Mini cost and I think it may perform just as well if the video they have posted is any indication. That one will be going on the Hoverfly quad once it arrives, they say about a 10 to 14 day lead time to manufacture and ship.

Ken

Hey Dave and Ken,
I am curious what both of you think of the av130. I need a new mount and this is one I am considering. Have you guys had success with it yet?

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Hey Dave and Ken,
I am curious what both of you think of the av130. I need a new mount and this is one I am considering. Have you guys had success with it yet?

I think it's a big improvement over the mkTR mount although I think the mkTR had better vibration isolation but much poorer tilt and roll compensation. I'm still working on finding the best settings with the AV 130, been tough getting flight time with all the snow we had this winter. See my post " A day at the field" in the Photo and video section, all of what I posted was done with the Droidworx AD-6 and Pro Mini mount and it was extremely windy at the time, so much so that I almost didn't fly the AD-6. The stills are fine, the video shows how badly it was getting batted around though it did much better than the mkTR did in similar conditions. I think if I did some post processing on the video I could clean it up quite a bit.

Video taken at the same field late last year with the mkTR mount and the same GoPro in conditions not quite as breezy was so bad I only managed to come up with about 1 1/2 minutes out of 10 that were usuable and even that much was questionable, you can see for yourself here all that I salvaged and even that isn't very good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZZThIJY02w

I really want to get my new MK build done and test out the mount I just got from Averticalview, I think this one is going to work really well and its not all that expensive.

Ken

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
I think I saw a post over on Ziggys site that you got this taken care of, good fix on that one.

Ken

Hi Ken.. I missed this post by you. All the working away I do means I get lost in the posts and dont get all the replies in I would like.

Sandor at DigiTech solved my problem with the out of sync movements on the nick and roll. Because I am a Y6 I just needed to nudge the blue alighnment line round to 10 past the hour in the camera tab and job done.

Tahoelight

What do I think on my set up? Good. although I am still learning something new every time I fire the baby up!

As an engineer the PH AV130 is an amazing build. Its quite heavy but now I am used to flying the ADX3 with it on its fine. It has taken quite a bit of tweaking to get the roll just correct but now I am pretty happy with my set up. I have not used it for video much yet but now the weather is getting better I hope to get out and film the spring flowers and good old Mother nature waking up in general.

I was going to get a Canon 550D but ended up with a Sony Nex5. Half the weight and half the price. It was recommended by a Pro Photographer and I am more than happy with the results. The video aint bad either. Its miles better that the GoPro and has a better pan quality than my Lumix TZ10.

I want to post loads of bits and bobs but work is manic right now. I will try get some video of the mount in action.

I am I happy with the mount.. so far yes. Would I buy something else..... I would need to be convinced the build quality is as good. It will be interesting so see what Ken makes of the Avertical View one.. I am sure he will keep us posted.

PS

Nice to see you one the Forum.. I am sure your experience will be a great asset.