Konichiwa from Japan

Totoro

JetCat Monster
Hey folks! Peter Majtan here. I am DP with a speciality in aerial and other motion platforms and 15+ years of experience in the film industry.
Based in Tokyo, I have just acquired a Bergen Turbine Observer as the the ever-icreasing demand for my aerial work synced with a offer I could not resist.
I know this is a multi-rotor forum - but technically speaking the BTO does have two rotors... ;o)
In any case I will be acquiring a MR soon to compliment the BTO and wanted to check out what is out there able to handle my RED Epic / Scarlet cameras...
I hope I can find the info I am looking for and be able to contribute in the process...

Totoro
(I am 6'4" 250 lbs and rarely shave - which has earned me this nickname here in Japan - in other countries they mostly call me Yeti)

cycoptic

HI Totoro, this is the beast you are looking for: http://droidworx.co.nz/products/shop/category/airframes-and-parts/skyjib-series/

As far as gimbals for the RED there are a few out there, but DJI are bringing one out soon which would be the best suited , there is of course Freefly . http://www.freeflysystems.com but expensive.

In saying that i am a cameraman too, working in T.V for over 20 years and own a RED Epic, if you are planning to get a MR you might want to start off small
and build up. These things drop out of the sky easily if you don't have the knowledge and experience behind you it could be extremely costly.
Hope that helps.
Cheers

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
Hi Totoro. I agree with Cycoptic. By the way, I used to live near Matsudo and went into Tokyo a lot. I miss it sometimes.

Totoro

JetCat Monster
Hi Cycoptic - I am very familiar with Driodworx (and I do have a soft spot for NZ) and the SkyJib is most definitely on the shortlist.
In terms of gimbal - I am actually building my own. It is going to be something new - a swappable independent system that can work well both on the BTO (and or the MR) and off of it - if you know what I mean... ;o)

And Hi RCF - Tokyo can be pretty addictive. There is certainly the love/hate relationship going on here - but it certainly is not boring... ;o)

Totoro