KK Flight Controller KK2.1 Question Elevator

ally

Hi there.

I am setting up my first quad (X666, Turnigy 9X, KK2.1 flashed with KK2.1 V1.12S1 Beginner by Steveis, Qbrain 20a ESC)

I have bungeed the Quad to a stool to test the controls before I dare to fly the quad.

I am seeing an issue which I cannot understand and hope that someone can point me in the right direction.

When I stick forward on the elevator the rear of the quad rises (which I believe it should) and I get an increase in thrust from the two rear motors, however when I stick back there is a change in rotor speed but not to the same degree of thrust from the forward motors.

I have trimmed the settings to zero for all controls on the KK2.1.

Does anyone have any ideas that I can try?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
run the motors up a little and see if the responses are more similar. heli's that aren't flying don't respond quite as accurately as they would in flight and some would flat out freak if you tied them down and did that with the controls. i've never seen it personally but Hoverfly recommended strongly against holding the heli down and manipulating the controls.

if the control responses are about right i'd say find some soft thick grass and go for a short test flight. :)

jbrumberg

ally- Welcome. I agree with Bartman with the bench test. Other tuning possibilities, and this is my "newbee" offerings- was self leveling engaged during the testing? are the ESC's calibrated? I had to calibrate my KK2.0 version 1.6 board several times before I really figured out all the bleeping beeps correctly. Another question, are you and/or what build guide are you following?

ally

Thanks for the comments so far. In answer to jbrumberg I am using a guide published on Youtube "HobbyKing KK2 Checklist - Intro Video (Part 0)" published by mmerry2.

If you know of any ones more specific to Turnigy 9X then let me know.

ally

I think I have solved the problem. I had the 9x set in heli mode. I read the KK2.1 manual in a bit more detail and it says to use aircraft mode. Schoolboy error on my part.

You learn something every day!