Just flew the Autel X-Star

DroneTalk

R/C Expert
Staff member
Been flying Phantoms since they first came out so I figured I would try something different. So I ordered a X-Star, so FWIW I did not ready any instructions didn't really need to as it's pretty self-explanatory. So I say this as I'm going to give my FIRST impression. I liked the overall model, the easy connectivity to there app and the removable camera, but I was most interested in how it would fly out of the box.

With a phantom they always flew great out of the box. The X-start in GPS was all over the place did not maintain altitude or attitude. I was very surprised, that I could not hold position. NOW before I get my head chopped off I will now go thought the model and make sure firmware is updated and try again.

The camera quality was very good and so was the app, but I will get to that more later on.

DroneTalk

R/C Expert
Staff member
Took a longer flight still not nearly locked in with GPS as a phantom and when flying fast forward and letting go of the stick it does not come to a full stop as fast as a phantom does.

ATBT

You can only give your opinion and assessment. No one should get angry. I have the XSP and while relatively new to the system I like the model and unit. The app works great to manipulate variables and change settings. I had it streak across the sky in front of my residence at roughly 120 feet high altitude and let off the stick and to me it stopped reasonably but then again, I have no DJI time to compare it to.

Still working this unit to get it tuned in the way I want and learn the advanced settings.