Just checking in

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi guys,

It's been almost a week since we sold our house and we've had to move in with my in-laws. Two houses we tried to purchase both fell through so we're currently homeless (and mortgageless! woohoo!) It'll be a couple of more weeks before we'll be able to close on a new house allowing me to get a shop set up again and my trusty iMac back into daily use.

While we were moving I wasn't able to browse the site very much so I just wanted to say hi and see where everyone's at with their projects and flying.

Hope all is well!
Bart

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Hi Bart!

All going great here. Flying almost everyday and lots of exciting projects.

Hope you find a new house soon! :)

Bartman

Hi Bart!

All going great here. Flying almost everyday and lots of exciting projects.

Hope you find a new house soon! :)

great to hear you're busy Ben. a few years ago we all recognized the awesome potential of small unmanned aircraft for business use so it's very gratifying to see the many successful businesses that have popped up around the world.

Old Man

Hope you have great in laws. That situation generally wears thin quickly. Best of luck to you with closing on a house soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I promised Bart i wouldn't throw any parties while he was gone.... And I'll uphold this! Hope everything works out soon Bart!

KEGGER at MRF This Saturday!!!!

cootertwo

So that's where you've been. I was wondering what happened to the Iris+. Your having to move, kinda left the Iris+ in "hover" mode! Ha! Good luck with finding, and CLOSING on a new home, and getting set back up. Ahhh, a clean start. Peg board here, and there, work bench over here, lights, on and on.:)

pepper

i got shut down yesterday.... i was in the living room when all hell broke loose. looked outside and my neighbors 70 ft tall huge A$$ oak tree fell on my wifes car, took out the privacy fence and blocked my truck in. we were 5 min away from getting in the car and going to eat for lunch. it was suppose to be lunch then take the multi out and get some footage of all the flooding in SW Ar.... nope..... luckly we are alive, it missed the house and we have insurance. just the headache of getting it all taken care of.
for a second, i though my tree in my yard was coming through the house. other than that, just waiting on mother nature to get off her period so i can get out with the multi. lol. holla if you need some firewood in the new house!!

Bartman

So that's where you've been. I was wondering what happened to the Iris+. Your having to move, kinda left the Iris+ in "hover" mode! Ha! Good luck with finding, and CLOSING on a new home, and getting set back up. Ahhh, a clean start. Peg board here, and there, work bench over here, lights, on and on.:)

that's exactly right! we have another house picked out and we're doing inspections on Tuesday and Wednesday so i'll have a chance to rough out a plan for getting a new shop set up.

one thing i'm going to do...LED shop lights! flourescents have been good to me but i can't wait to get under the bright, quiet light of a couple of LED shop lights!

i'm expecting to be tucked in a corner of the basement by the furnace and hot water heater so i'm hoping they'll be more quiet than the last house!

one week down, two weeks to go!

regarding the Iris+, I was flying it two weeks ago at the Joe Nall event and it did really well. i still haven't got it perfectly tuned but the video output was very good from the Tarot two axis gimbal. battery life is good with the gimbal on there and it was easy to fly it around and get good shots. i wasn't using a video feed from the helicopter so i wasn't framing my shots with any precision and i noticed i have to dial in some exponential on the rudder/yaw channel so panning can be started/stopped more smoothy but a video feed would have also helped with that.

i've damped the mount with hardware and some foam which has improved the video output since the first few flights. need to try different props to get a little more uuumph out of the motors. power is adequate but not by a whole lot!

Bart

Bartman

i got shut down yesterday.... i was in the living room when all hell broke loose. looked outside and my neighbors 70 ft tall huge A$$ oak tree fell on my wifes car, took out the privacy fence and blocked my truck in. we were 5 min away from getting in the car and going to eat for lunch. it was suppose to be lunch then take the multi out and get some footage of all the flooding in SW Ar.... nope..... luckly we are alive, it missed the house and we have insurance. just the headache of getting it all taken care of.
for a second, i though my tree in my yard was coming through the house. other than that, just waiting on mother nature to get off her period so i can get out with the multi. lol. holla if you need some firewood in the new house!!

wow, that's pretty scary, glad nobody was hurt. my wife went outside with the dogs one morning and heard a snap only to look up and see the same thing, a huge oak tree falling right at her with the tops of the top branches ending up maybe twenty feet from where she was standing! she was so freaked out, total panic stricken that most people won't ever see in their lifetimes!

glad you're ok!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I flew Barts Iris+ at Nall and it was very smooth. Felt comfortable in like 5 seconds.
pretty cool little machine.

Old Man

i noticed i have to dial in some exponential on the rudder/yaw channel so panning can be started/stopped more smoothy.......

Bart

Do you have any idea how few people understand how to take advantage of that? Rates and expo, something most transmitters have these days, and few use them. Then we have stuff like "trim step" that also reduces or expands the amount of travel a servo will move per "click" of adjustment. Precision "tools" that so many are unaware of. I can tell you've flown RC fixed wing and heli's. Those are the people that truly understand:)

dazzab

Good to hear from you Bart. I was wondering how moving house was going. Sorry it's being such a hassle for you but I don't think moving ever goes well. Hopefully something positive will happen soon. Meanwhile, things are fairly normal here.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Bart,

Hope this all works out with this house. We are going south to hopefully secure a house this coming weekend. If the rental application goes through (can't see why it shouldn't) - I'm going to be much closer to your neck of the woods by July 1. :)

Make sure you set aside enough space for the shop - so that you can instantly fill it and need more! Never fails, no matter how big it is!!!

Bartman

where did you end up getting a place Scott???

thanks @dazzab; , nice to know you guys are just fine without me!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Looks like Beacon of this weekend goes well. About an hour to your area. Might have to stop down and check out the FPV racing :)

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Indeed. Going to be at the house first - double garage for the shop. MRs in the basement.

The shop will be round 2 of the move. I need to figure out some sources for helping install the 1300lb mill on the Beacon end. My rent at the shop here is so cheap - we will move the house and many of the shop things. But then the big gear goes down in another round.

Don't want to jinx it, so let's not tell the landlord about the TIG welder :)

Bartman

was at the new house today and saw that the electrical panel is actually in the garage so crisis averted! it's 150A and the panel is full but I can figure something out if I have to to get the welder going.

might do rocker panels on the MGB later this year so I'll at least need a 110V mig welder.