JR Transmitter

QuadrPR

Hi:

I bought a JR Xg8 and i want know if this transmitter is good for quadcopter. Other thing, which of these frame is the best for FVP. Regards

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 231
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 167

QuadrPR

Why I cant receive inputs here? This is my third post and I dont know why have like 2 replay. Im missing any rule??

coreyperez

I really doubt its anything against you personally. I’d speculate that it’s a hugely common question, one asked all too often.

Now, before I go off seeming like a jerk with the “search” function statement, I do feel your pain. The entire idea behind forums is to be able to ask “silly” questions and get an answer. Somebody replying with “search” is just being a jerk. They typically have an answer, but feel they are bettering themselves by belittling somebody.

My answer:

If you THINK you may go FPV (First Person Video) I’d recommend (just from my readings) to stay away from Spektrum radios.

Futaba seems to be highly sought after, but really expensive. I personally have a Turnigy 9XR on the way, but have just recently (last night) realized that the FrSky “Taranis” is a HUGE radio with little initial/overall costs. Keep in mind, both of these radios use “modules” (as do many others). You can plug in the actual transmitter into the radio unit and transmit on that frequency. The FrSky seems to have more features and more expandability, as well as better overall fit/finish & build quality.

One thing I’d recommend staying away from (unless you are licensed) is the UHF bands “EZUHF”. Sure you will get significantly more range, but its illegal unless you hold a FCC license.

I’ll PM you a link to another forum that I just got myself really schooled up on radios, etc. Short of it, you will probably come across the information as you are browsing the forums anyway. Just take notes of what interest you and see what radios those people are using. Like I said, I got a 9xr, and when I purchased it, I wasn’t planning on doing anything “long distance” just LOS (Line of Sight), so I wans’t worried about it being a $50 radio. Now that I got bit by the “Honey Badger” (HB) and FPV I’m probably going to want to get something more expensive and sure-footed. The FPV birds like my Honey Badger don’t use GPS so there isn’t a “return to home” feature. Your saving grace in that respect is hopefully you have a DVR and you can replay the video to see where it went down.

Best of luck. You will find numerous answers and typically MORE questions than you needed an answer too. I’d recommend reading through the “Group Build”. It got me moving and has tons of great information. The guys in there are all (most of us anyway) learning and it keeps the subjects light hearted.

Corey

(F550 w/Naza-M V2 & Flying Monkey “Honey Badger” with either KK or MultiWii). All my parts are on order to finish these two MultiRotors up!

PS: Here is that link. No PM Sent:
http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?12836-Which-Radio

Last edited by a moderator:

coreyperez

I just realized you asked about FPV and the frames you linked.
You can use nearly ANY Multi Rotor for FPV, you just need the equipment. If you are just learning I’d recommend getting something without the super long legs/landing gear. Just that much easier to break things as you mess up.
Initially I got a F550 with a landing gear. I won’t be using the Landing Gear until I feel I can really fly and land it (includes a Zenmuse Gimbal).
So, in short, I’m going to be flying a F550 without landing gear and my Honey Badger (probably more often) and it is SUPER low CG (Center of Gravity). It basically lays on the ground it’s so low.
Corey

http://www.fpvmonkey.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/R7-honey-badger.jpg

Attachments

• R7-honey-badger.jpg
    R7-honey-badger.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 295
Last edited by a moderator:

QuadrPR

Thanks for your anwers. I did a search for the JR XG8 and dont find anything. Sorry man but you said a lot of importants noob tips but nothing about the JR XG8 especific. You have any input? The JR is sprectrum? Sorry I dont understand.

sledge57

I like it, 8 channels and telemetry (don't have one, I have Futaba)

Should be good for a MR, more channels could be helpful later, maybe....