JJRC H8D Stuck in Mode 2

ranst4038

Iargan Ambassador
Went out to fly for first time and transmitter is stuck in mode 2.
Function Switchover button does nothing! Is there some secret that wasn't in the Chinglish instructions or is the transmitter faulty?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
we were counting on you to lead the way! Mode 2 is actually what you want if you're in the US, the rest of the world is doing it wrong!

left stick should be throttle front/back, yaw left/right
right stick should be pitch front/back, roll left/right

ranst4038

Iargan Ambassador
Well I'll check again but the left was rolling & the right was yawing.
And that is what the instructions say it's suppose to do.
That doesn't answer the question why the switchover button won't put it in mode 1.

F

fengshuidrone

It's made in China so there is no quality control. Might be broke from the factory. If it is I wouldn't be surprised.
The manual being written in what is most likely some heavy chinglish can make you think what the manual says is actually what you are supposed to do. :eek::confused::Do_O It's a better bet to just guess. I have never seen any TX that would not put yaw and throttle on the same stick. If your left stick makes the quad roll and the right stick is making it yaw, then the left stick must also be pitch and the right stick throttle. If that is what you have then you are already in mode 1. ;)Mode 2 is throttle and yaw on left stick. Mode 1 is throttle and yaw on right stick.:)

Last edited:

ranst4038

Iargan Ambassador
Yea it's in the 50% junk right out of the box or in the first hour category. It's in Mode 2 when you turn it on, the mode switchover button does nothing and the start video button right above it lights video icon & switches it over to mode 1 at the same time. When you press it again to stop & save it kicks back to mode 2.
I'll take it apart and see if there's rat hair tangled in something but it's probably a rat haired chip.

ranst4038

Iargan Ambassador
It's made in China so there is no quality control. Might be broke from the factory. If it is I wouldn't be surprised.
The manual being written in what is most likely some heavy chinglish can make you think what the manual says is actually what you are supposed to do. :eek::confused::Do_O It's a better bet to just guess. I have never seen any TX that would not put yaw and throttle on the same stick. If your left stick makes the quad roll and the right stick is making it yaw, then the left stick must also be pitch and the right stick throttle. If that is what you have then you are already in mode 1. ;)Mode 2 is throttle and yaw on left stick. Mode 1 is throttle and yaw on right stick.:)
I can't scan the instructions right now but I'll work on it. But this part of instructions is very clear with pictures. The gimbals are interchangeable & it comes with throttle on left. It reads & shows in picture that throttle/yaw on left is called Mode 1. Throttle/roll on left & forward back/yaw on right is mode 2.
Swap gimbals with throttle on right & left is forward back/yaw with right being throttle/roll in mode 1.
Forward back/roll on left & throttle/yaw right is mode 2.
I found out how to get it in mode 1 the hard way. While flying it I pressed the start video button & lost control. The video button puts it in mode 1 & when you press it again to stop & save it pops back into mode 2. The trans is completely F**ked out of the box! :mad: And the right rear motor failed on second battery charge. There is no smiley to show how pissed I am.

F

fengshuidrone

Yeah, sounds like someone in china designed a quadcopter without understanding how they really fly again. Clearly they have no idea of what is mode 1 and mode 2 in the RC world. The only difference (for people with standard transmitters at least) between mode 1 and mode two is what side the throttle and yaw is on (throttle and yaw are always supposed to be on the same gimbal) and what side the pitch roll is on. Mode one (to the rest of the world other than rogue chinese designers) has both the throttle and yaw on the right stick, and pitch and roll on the left stick. Mode two reverses the sticks. But throttle and yaw are ALWAYS on the same stick no matter which mode it is in.

DaveT

I think you maybe mistaken fengshui.
I have Syma and JJRC drones and with the SYMA units you can switch the left/right and yaw controls around so you have forward/backward and yaw controls on the right gimbal and throttle and left/right on the left gimbal. This doesn't appear to be available on the JJRC models.
On the SYMA models Mode 1 is forward/backward and left\right on the right gimbal and Mode 2 is forward/backward and yaw on the right gimbal.
Would love it if someone could find a way of doing this on the JJRC models.