JARUS rules

Emowillcox

Looks like could be a problem for guys using DJI stuff

----------------
CS-LURS.241 Ground resonance
The rotorcraft may have no dangerous tendency to oscillate on the ground with the rotor turning.

Looks like could be a problem for guys using DJI stuff

----------------
CS-LURS.241 Ground resonance
The rotorcraft may have no dangerous tendency to oscillate on the ground with the rotor turning.

I know you were joking but, "Ground resonance" is unlikely
with our solid suspensions and 4 high speed propellers.

I don't know about you guys but I'd rather stick with
the AMA's guidelines for model aircraft rather then a 128 page Rule Book.

gpforet

Must be able to take-off, operate, and land in 17kts (19.5 mph) winds. Don't if I can, but I'm not flying in 17kt winds.

kloner

Aerial DP
we fly gigs up to 25mph sustained......... it hasn't been that big of a deal and in fact helps if you wanna go fast with some tail wind.......

if your gonna fly for hire better get used to the book

more news
http://www.faa.gov/news/press_releases/news_story.cfm?newsId=15334
http://www.faa.gov/news/speeches/news_story.cfm?newsId=15354

that's a bit more about us

So,, you draw up a lease agreement with the homeowner who takes that real estate photo of his own property while you simply back him up on a buddy box.
These regs are typically way over the top for the photography that the majority of us want to do yet we will get included, fined and regulated out of a hobby by bureaucrats who don't know their a$$ from flight controller.

Av8Chuck

The saying used to be "If you can, do. If you can't, Teach." Now its "If you can do [and face a huge fine and imprisonment]. If you can't, write ridiculous rules that few will understand, fewer will follow and fewer still will be enforced on those that can.

Obviously I didn't read much of that, people can ridicule me for my uninformed opinions but we're just going to have to become law before we really know what's in it. Huh, where have I heard that before?

This rule making crap is a joke!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
This can't be for Multirotors....

"CS-LURS.33 Main rotor speed and pitch limits(a) Main rotor speed limits. A range of main rotor speeds must be established that-(1) With power-on, provides adequate margin to accommodate the variations in rotor speed occurring in any appropriate maneuver, and is consistent with the kind of governor or synchronizer used; and(2) With power-off, allows each appropriate auto-rotative maneuver to be performed throughout the ranges of airspeed and weight for which certification is requested."

AUTO's?!?!?

kloner

Aerial DP
for those of us wanting to be legit and make a piece of that 100 billion dollar projection need these rules to make this legit. I;d consider taking money for property photos a different thing, but none the less you need structure to do it safely and you need to know how and where to do it. Without that your a dude with a buddy box flying on a song and a prayer

We like making our odds educated, not a flip of the coin..... insurance to cover doing this requires it. if making an unlawful job legal scares you, forget walking away, run as fast as you can cause somebody else hungrier will definately come fill the gap with laws in place..... like driving a car, flying a plane, whatever.... it's what the United States is about. There is billions of private investor money dying to hit this market but the uncertainty of it's structure still scares them and big hollywood back just enough to suck

for those of us wanting to be legit and make a piece of that 100 billion dollar projection need these rules to make this legit. I;d consider taking money for property photos a different thing, but none the less you need structure to do it safely and you need to know how and where to do it. Without that your a dude with a buddy box flying on a song and a prayer

We like making our odds educated, not a flip of the coin..... insurance to cover doing this requires it. if making an unlawful job legal scares you, forget walking away, run as fast as you can cause somebody else hungrier will definately come fill the gap with laws in place..... like driving a car, flying a plane, whatever.... it's what the United States is about. There is billions of private investor money dying to hit this market but the uncertainty of it's structure still scares them and big hollywood back just enough to suck

And we are proud of you. I get it. You are in it for the money. No problem.
My point is that we, who are in it for the hobby, will as usual, be also likely affected by outlandish rules
that we cannot possibly comply with by typical over regulation. We will continue to call it unfair but to no avail.
You will continue to work toward making a handsome living and you will continue to spend all your hard earned income
meeting rules and regulations that equally do not apply but are weaved into that mountain of paperwork called, "The Regs."
Once the government gets a foothold, they seldom let go until they have made the requirements
so strangling that it's no longer profitable because of the bank of lawyers that are sucking the life out of your company.

Good luck.

Av8Chuck

The problem isn't whether this is for MR's, the real problem is that there's a committee of people, with a lot of initials before their names like PhD, etc., who have never actually flown any of these things, that wouldn't know the difference between variable speed Vs variable pitch so they didn't realize that MR's can't autorotate when they created these flight rules.

They'll break their arms patting themselves on the back because they have now "tamed the wild west" with a bunch of bureaucratic regulations that once they realize THIER mistake the unintended consequences will be that you can't license a MR because it can't autorotate.

In case you didn't know, when a helicopter loses an engine the main rotors are variable pitch and shaped in such a way that they still create low pressure above the blades and high pressure below, so the helicopter kind of gets sucked up into the air, the pilot can lower the collective to maintain rotor speed and "fly" the aircraft to a safe landing, kind of like a big autogyro I fly both helicopters and fixed wing and if it had to happen I'd much prefer an engine failure in a helicopter then a fixed wing.

kloner

Aerial DP
neither can an osprey but there flying over my house every day...... I used to feel that way but after partnering up with a physicist, aerospace engineer and a marketing major, i'm starting to see why people with brains get them letters and while there not always spot on, it seems better than a puff and a thought..... long drawn out thoughts with actual thoughts and scientific reasons.....

We'll see where the chips all fall soon enough, i have current uav insurance with a valid medical, now i just need the permit to blow this wide open and be legit, whatever the cost, kloner will be there with his hands in the air

Av8Chuck

insurance to cover doing this requires it. if making an unlawful job legal scares you, forget walking away, run as fast as you can cause somebody else hungrier will definately come fill the gap with laws in place..... like driving a car, flying a plane, whatever.... it's what the United States is about.

Sorry, but this isn't what the US is all about, at least it wasn't until recently. The US is all about civil liberties and the laws that protect them: "When the people fear the Government there is tyranny. When the Government fears the people there is liberty."

My point is that we, who are in it for the hobby, will as usual, be also likely affected by outlandish rules
that we cannot possibly comply with by typical over regulation. We will continue to call it unfair but to no avail.
You will continue to work toward making a handsome living and you will continue to spend all your hard earned income
meeting rules and regulations that equally do not apply but are weaved into that mountain of paperwork called, "The Regs."
Once the government gets a foothold, they seldom let go until they have made the requirements
so strangling that it's no longer profitable because of the bank of lawyers that are sucking the life out of your company.

Good luck.

Part of the problem is that you talk about people who have the desire and the right to do professional AP as though they're breaking the law, criminals. They are not. There is no law against flying AP from RC's Period [and when I say it I mean it...] However, the argument that you should regulate one class of people because they make money doing something they love versus those that do it for the joy of it is so profoundly stupid. If people would follow the constitution this would not be happening.

George Washington said it best: "It will be found an unjust and unwise jealousy to deprive a man of his natural liberty upon the supposition that he may abuse it."

We are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty. As far as I know, no one has been killed by a MR or not even that seriously injured, so I don't think anyone should be allowed to fly them, they're way too dangerous.

Last edited by a moderator:

gtranquilla

RadioActive
Excessive and ill-conceived regulations stifle innovation and eventually a country's economic prosperity..... Meanwhile this technology is being used freely in some other countries, now for aerial toll road traffic reporting!!! Here is the video.
DETAILS: Date taken : August 6, 2013 (D-2 to Idul Fitri day)
UAV unit : RC Heli JRporo GSR260z - DJI Ace One , full waypoint system
Gimbal : DJI Zenmuse Z15
Camera : Sony Nex7
Total of flight durations : 39 minutes
Total of flight distances : 12.47Km (7.75miles)
Flying method : Auto pilot on toll road tracks
Base Location : Hotel Prime Inn, Kota Bukit Indah Estate, Purwakarta
Aerial team : SukaTerbang

Last edited by a moderator: