Tau Labs It does single rotors as well

dankers

Just in case any of you go over to the dark side, we made another milestone today thanks to Oleg, an OpenPilot core Developer.

CopterControl made its first flybarless flight on a heli.

This is impressive to me, even with being inside the project as normally first ever flight of a new airframe would never go as well as this. Its early days yet for single rotors after 12 hours ago, CopterControl had never flown one! Huge milestone for us, now to get fixed wings doing full navigation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilby

Now you are going to make me build a new flybarless single-rotor. My wife sends her thanks! ;-)

dankers

Not yet on helis, but the common feeling is that it should all work out fine. I expect it will be tested shortly but it depends on who has time to do it, I hope it gets tested this weekend but really there is only a few of us and even fewer helis guys.

FOX222

Well you can send me a board and I'll give it a whirl. I have several heli's with flybarless systems already so it would be a quick change.

Yeah, I'm still waiting for my heli but want to test stabilization since I'm not that practiced at rate mode. From what Os said, it will work fine in that mode, but he wasn't happy with the servos he had on the swashplate.

osnwt

www.LinuxDrone.org
How about self leveling? Have you tried that yet?
It was tested using the same heli 48hours ago and worked perfect (in fact, no difference where we stabilize - 3-4-6 rotor craft or even plane, the algo is the same). I didn't do tricks like inverted flight recovery yet for another reason.

In fact, as said above, this heli was assembled 2-3 years ago to test the GU-365 (oh, don't ask...).

It has analog servos which you know are no-go for flybarless setup. So at the moment I am thinking more about servo change, not about tuning. But since there other CC's around I think that someone can spend more time on it, or just try self-leveling features on the flybared heli. I probably will do, but not sure when.