Is this a useful FPV system

XPFTP

i was looking at the same setup form them .. i havent ordered yet.... i think the biggest thing stopping me is there support .. HK iam sorry to say sucks in the customer support area... i have ordered other things ... lipos and parts for my heli ... i had a heck of a time to get them to replace a servo .. made a video to show them .. had to call there main office in china ..

if you do get this.. let us know how it works out... the only thing i would say is get the 1500mw setup .. thats a watt and half as to the one you link to is only point 2 watts.. or 2/10s of a watt... in a park probley ok ..

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I would recommend that this is not a good beginners FPV setup unless you are already flying with someone locally using a similar setup and can get advice on the usability of 900Mhz in your area.

I would recommend getting one of the basic 5.8Ghz setups and go from there.

Do not make the mistake of thinking that a large amount of power is needed, better antenna's and good choice of equipment will give you better performance, 200mW with good antenna's and a good vRx will easily get you more than 1 km range.

Don't forget that you will also need either goggles or a screen, personally I cannot fly from a screen but have a base station setup for recording and monitoring and use goggles to fly with.

Pete

bensid54

What are your thoughts on a Fat Shark Pete? I've heard some say with your first FPV system you should use a screen so why do you find goggles work better for you?

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I am using Fat Shark Dominators, great goggles and you can choose what modules you plug in. The Fat Shark Attitude package is a really nice place to start, the package is pretty much complete.
I just find that I want to look around if I am using a screen, goggles focuses me to just fly. I have a ground station setup with a good screen and a dual vRx setup with an Eagle Eyes box and DVR hanging off that and I can plug my goggles into that if I want but I also like that I am not tied to my ground station for most of my flying, I can also just grab my goggles and a multi and a Tx and go fly.

Pete

bensid54

I think I'll go the Fat Shark route but I'll make sure I'm used to flying my new machine before I attempt to use the Fat Shark.