INTRO: Hello from Colorado...new to multi's....VERY excited!

COMike93yj

Still Building!
Greetings everyone!

Like my Intro says I am from Colorado and am new to the multi rotor realm!

I have flown RC sailplanes (80's) and RC airplanes and helis on and off from 1998-2007......I was just OK with aircraft...and a beginner at helis.

My first foray into helis was a Blade CPPro......ugh.....that got me thinking about a sim which I had about 100 hours on.

I dusted off everything a few weeks ago and started going slowly with that BEAST of a small heli.....damn it it twitchy! So now I am practicing just spooling up again (think bad gyro)...and going through the RADDS flight school on it. Let's say that the TX is glitchy with spurious inputs but I am making it work.

As for TX's I purchased a Dx8 last week and it is a nice controller but I had nothing that could work with it....my plan but perhaps I should have gone with something else in the meantime? I have always heard DO NOT SKIMP on a TX....so that is why I secured it.

I now have a Nano QX that is fun to fly but hard with all the dog hair in the house LOL....but I am working at getting a stable hover in all aspects. It is going well but the little battery that came with it is on it's 20th flight and 5 min of flying time is getting hard to deal with (need some suggestions for another one!)

My eventual goal is to fly quads/hex/etc in the future with dreams of FPV and aerial photography/videography. I will be laid up for 4 months at least due to surgery so the QX was a nice grab to learn the DX8 and get back into flying.

I subscribed to Bartman's Quad build and if I had the mobility to do that I would be all over it!!!!!

So that is my intro....thanks for having me here! I am still pursuing Heli's as I simply LOVE them....the challenge is great and a scale build or two might be in my future but my passion for taking pics here in the mountains with my jeep, my dogs, my fly pole.....just another thing to pursue!

Mike!

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
Hi Mike. My friend's been in almost the same situations, had a lot of ops and a lot of meds and is finally recovering after spending a few weeks in Spain. He's back next week and raring to go. :)

COMike93yj

Still Building!
Hope your friend is doing well!!! I'm still learning just how much has changed in the past 8 years...everything from transmitters to batteries..... Catching up takes some time :)

RC Flying

A Drone Mind
Yep, the main changes are lipo batteries and 2.4 transmitters... oh, and everything has a GPS and flight controller/autopilot. :)