I'm Lost and Need Help

Patar

I assembled my quad and Im having trouble with binding and the main controller. Also, Im getting a Tx error while in DJI assistant.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Tnanks
Specs:
DJI 450 Flame wheel
DJI 920 Kv motor
DJI 30 OPTO Amps
DJI NAZA-M w/GPS
AR6200(receiver)
Dx5e

Hi, I also believe that you should get a radio with minimum 6 channel if you want to use all your NAZA-M capabilities. Beside the four basic functions (Ail - Rud - Elev - Throttle) a 3 way switch is required for your flights mode (GPS - ATTITUDE + Failsafe or Manual). Of course, you can fly with a 2 way switch but that will require that you connect and change its' function once in a while. Other functions such as Intelligent Orientation Control, AKA IOS, requires another 2 way switch and gimbal control requires one as well.

When it comes to the DJI assistant, it is normal to get an error message if your receiver is not binded to your Tx. The first step is to bind both the Tx and Rx which is different from companies to companies. I believe that in your case you need to connect the jumper connector which jumps pin 1 and 3 prior to power up. Then you press the training switch and THEN your turn on your tX. When you see binding on the screen (if you have one) release the button. The Rx light should go from flashing to solid. When this is done turn everything off, remove the binding jumper in the receiver and power up again. If you get the solid light again, it worked!

Hoping it helps.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I assembled my quad and Im having trouble with binding and the main controller. Also, Im getting a Tx error while in DJI assistant.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Tnanks
Specs:
DJI 450 Flame wheel
DJI 920 Kv motor
DJI 30 OPTO Amps
DJI NAZA-M w/GPS
AR6200(receiver)
Dx5e

Patar,

First you'll need to figure out if the AR6200 is compatible with your DX5e transmitter. If it is then you should be able to follow the directions online about binding the receiver to the transmitter. the AR6200 needs a satellite to work, do you have one plugged in?

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
A DX5E will not do what is needed to be done to program your mode changing, basically you must have a "computer" radio, I cannot stress enough how much of a pain it will be with just a basic 6 channel radio to get everything programmed satisfactorily. If you cannot afford an 8 channel radio that has at least two three way switches I highly recommend not using a Naza-M controller.

There are several choices out there for 8 channel computer radios that will do what you need, the Taranis or a used Futaba T8FG for around the same price.

Cheers

Pete

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I run both Spektrum and Futaba and recommend the Futaba gear for MR's, go that way from the start and you open up more options.

Patar

I got the dx5e binded to the receiver. So do have to program the gaza next to get the motors to even spin? And thanks for the advice guys!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
there's an outline HERE for getting the NAZA set up. Take your time and go through it step by step and you should be able to get it working. You might have a problem with the flight mode switch but even that can be skipped if you can get the flight mode to stay fixed at Atti mode. I'd plan on leaving the GPS off for now until you get a handle on set-up stuff.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I got the dx5e binded to the receiver. So do have to program the gaza next to get the motors to even spin? And thanks for the advice guys!

You have to be able to adjust the auxiliary channel to get the flight modes to work, that is not possible on a 5e.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
If you want to stick with Spektrum then at least a DX7S, a DX9 would be better though. If you want to get really serious either go for a Futaba T8FG (or T8FG Super only the sticker on the front is different)) or 14SG, the T8FG can be picked up used for under $200 and is a great radio. The other choice would be a FrSky Taranis, seems to be a pretty good radio but I have no experience with them.

Cheers

Pete