I NEEDED MY INSPIRE 1 for this!!!

pgaucher

OMG, I needed the Inspire 1 for this trip. Simply stunning.

Imagine what this would have looked like in 4K. Here is 'Kota Kinabalu from the Air' with footage including:

- Manutic Island
- Manukan Island
- Sapi Island
- The National Mosque
- The Floating Mosque
- The Shangri-La Tanjung Aru Resort
- A stunning bikini girl and a cute 5 1/2 year old boy.

All this is shot with the Phantom 2 Vision+ stock version (aside from the underwater shots of course). I am still amazed by what you can get out of the box.

This will be my final aerial video done with this platform. Next video will be shot completely in 4K resolution so get your TV's ready.

Share the link to the video if you like. I'm trying to beat one of my friends in terms of total likes and views. Lost the first round but this time I think I've nailed it.

Happy New Year everyone.

dazzab

Wow, that is fantastic. Really lovely. What makes you think an Inspire would have made it better? Doesn't it have essentially the same spec camera? Anyway, really enjoyed the video. Thanks.

pgaucher

Wow, that is fantastic. Really lovely. What makes you think an Inspire would have made it better? Doesn't it have essentially the same spec camera? Anyway, really enjoyed the video. Thanks.
Thanks for your feedback. Glad you enjoyed it.
Regarding the Inspire 1, the camera specs are very different. Most noticeable is the ability to shoot 4K footage. But beyond that it's also the versatility of the product, the robust construction as well as the upgrade potential over time that made me purchase one. It still hasn't shipped yet so until then I work with my P2V+ which has produced some pretty exceptional results so far.

Cheers.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
word from the DJI folks attending CES this week was that all pre-ordered Inspire 1's will ship within the next 30 days and that production should meet demand going forward

pgaucher

word from the DJI folks attending CES this week was that all pre-ordered Inspire 1's will ship within the next 30 days and that production should meet demand going forward
Let's wait and see. They over promised and under delivered many times in the past. I just want to make sure when I get mine it's good to fly and not crippled with software issues like the Vision+. Cheers.

dazzab

@pgaucher - Thanks for the info. The specs are indeed very impressive. But I just can't bring myself to spend money with DJI. I use the Wookong on an Octo which works great and I love their gimbals. They do appear to be moving ahead of others so I may have to eat my words and give them my money anyway.

In the meantime I'd be very interested to hear of what, if any, other systems there are light the Lightbridge. The must be other ways to get a HD video downlink?

Tahoe Ed

Paralink has a system that they showed at the Drone Rodeo prior to CES that is capable of HD video down link to about 450' if I remember the specs correctly. The cost was $1500.