I have $6K - what to buy?

adanac

I'll be happy to buy a used Cinestar. I know of one for sale - frame and motors only, but I have no idea if a DJI FC and ESC's can be matched to it/them, and I'm not sure how to find out. I contacted Quadrocopter.com and they weren't very helpful - they were kind of cagey, actually. I got the feeling that because I wasn't instantly buying a new Cinestar 8 they weren't interested taking time to help.

I would probably be a lot cheaper to buy that used Cinestar and ESC's than buying a new S800. I just have no way of finding out if I can adapt it.

haha49

What do you want to use it for?

What type of flying?

Is it going to make you money or not?

If it's not going to make you money just get a DJI F550 with a gopro hero 3 it's good enough and it's way cheaper you be in it for 2K for everything inculding the camera.

As for portable just goto a music store and buy a drum case then travel to a foam shop and have them cut some foam out then tada a cheap easy case to bring with you. You can just snap the landing gear on and off depending on what you use. I use 1 case for the radio and camera, gimbal ect then the drum case for everything else lots of room and it was cheap. You can get hard or soft drum cases.

If you want bigger a tarot Iron man 660 (i think is he hexa) that with a DJI V2 naza, Afromen 30a ESC Simon K Flash, Tarot recomended motors 13 inch props. A gimbal that you want for the camera and lion power 10400mah 4s Lipos for power put 2 on it and you get around 35 minutes with just a gopro on it with gimbal fpv gear ect. The DJI Mini osd works great for a simple easy to use system to moniter what it's doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

adanac

I am flying for work so I need something better than a GoPro at least some of the time.

What do you want to use it for?

What type of flying?

Is it going to make you money or not?

If it's not going to make you money just get a DJI F550 with a gopro hero 3 it's good enough and it's way cheaper you be in it for 2K for everything inculding the camera.

As for portable just goto a music store and buy a drum case then travel to a foam shop and have them cut some foam out then tada a cheap easy case to bring with you. You can just snap the landing gear on and off depending on what you use. I use 1 case for the radio and camera, gimbal ect then the drum case for everything else lots of room and it was cheap. You can get hard or soft drum cases.

If you want bigger a tarot Iron man 660 (i think is he hexa) that with a DJI V2 naza, Afromen 30a ESC Simon K Flash, Tarot recomended motors 13 inch props. A gimbal that you want for the camera and lion power 10400mah 4s Lipos for power put 2 on it and you get around 35 minutes with just a gopro on it with gimbal fpv gear ect. The DJI Mini osd works great for a simple easy to use system to moniter what it's doing.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Arnold, I think a problem that you are running into is that you're asking very broad questions which require a lot of interpretation and a great volume of information to answer. There are a ton of possibilities and so until you can really narrow down what is needed it's hard to offer any quick and meaningful help that won't just generate a million new questions from you.

Read, read, read.....see what others are flying and try to get your list of goals as specific as possible,,,,then read some more.