Hubsan FPV X4

Just got this this and new to the hobby - what a blast!!

Purchased with an additional 5 batteries and a USB x4 chager - works pretty well.

Have already modded the receiver with moving the antenna outside the case and lpanning to re-mount the quad's antenna as well; from other forums read that should double the distance.

Looking forward to developing my flying skills!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I've moved your post to the Mini & Micro Quads sub-f0rum, how about a review and some pics please? What's included, how the set up went, quality of instructions, spare parts included and availability, etc.?

Thanks!

Review:

Total cost for all components is reasonable. The entry price (for the size of the quad) may seem a little steep, however this has been a great quad to learn fly with. I can crash this quad (in the house or outside) and feel fairly confident there won't be any substantial damage; might lose a prop or two. Speaking of props, I wish I had ordered a couple more (beyond the extra set they supply in the original package). The extra batteries and charger came in very handy.

Very easy to use and get in the air. The manual is helpful, however the print is really small. Really the most important things to remember are making sure you have the props on correctly (placement and direction (CW/CCW) is critical) and always power on the Transmitter first then the quad.

Flight time with the LEDs off is a consistent 6:30. This is plenty of time as (mentioned) I have the extra batteries. Within a few cycles of the batteries I can fly the quad without crashing and mostly in full control (for basic flight). Current only using Line of Sight (LOS) as the FPV setup leaves a little to be desired; the field of view is way to small to really trust flying FPV (for a newbie).

Modifications are all over the internet and I have already moved the transmitter antenna outside the case and have plans to change placement of the antenna on the quad itself; should extend the range substantially. Additionally you'll want to modify the transmitter to use a Lipo; this thing goes through AA batteries way too fast. I will simply be following this video for the upgrade. Planning to upgrade the FPV camera as well - found a few upgrades that sound as if they'll help make it a little better (and possible usable).

20151214_102144_zpsfqo8nrk3.jpg

20151214_102112_zpsmy2ihzzb.jpg

20151214_102334_zpsxchkaeer.jpg

I purchased the quad and some accessories from Amazon:

hubsan quad
extra batteries
4-port charger

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Awesome, thank you! I'm digging that little quad charger, great idea for keeping things in the air