Howdy from the Mountain State

sabshire

Hey guys! New here. Coming to you from Wild, Wonderful WV. Been flying quads for a little over a year. Been into RC (mainly cars, both electric and gas) for a number of years (since the late 80's), though I had gotten out of it before LiPos became all the rage. I still have an RC10T truck, and a Traxxas Nitro 4-TEC.

I got started like a lot of guys running the Lobo series from Sears, but soon bought my first Kit,a Futaba FX-10. Moved from that to a custom built pan car (designed frame myself, and used parts from several other kits ). After that, I got a Team Losi Junior Two. Loved that buggy! Got that in the early 90's, but after college, I kind of got out of it. I bought the RC10T as a christmas present in the late 90's, and then a few years laster, I got the 4-TEC. Enjoyed it, but keeping gas fresh proved to be a lot of trouble as I never had time to run it, so I just shelved it.

Got back into RC by chance when I stumbled upon the Latrax Alias while wandering the internet one day. It immediately grabbed my attention. Got one of those for Christmas in 2014, and got hooked. Soon after got a racing quad (storm 250) from Helipal. Flew that for a few months before I lost it on top of a mountain. Decided to build my own, and that is what I have been flying for the past 7-8 months.

I enjoy aerial photography, videography, and pretty much anything "drone" related (racing, FPV, freestyle, whatever).

You can check out some of my photos on my Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/wvaerialphoto

FLJim

Welcome to the forums sabshire! It's been a long time, but I remember when the RC10T was the top of the line...maybe it still is. I race electric on-road and nitro on-road. Unfortunately, there hasn't been a good dirt track open when I was active. Very new to drones myself and this has been a great community to support my new addiction...uh hobby.