How to return goods to DJI

DennyR

Having purchased the S800/Zenmuse directly from DJI in China on the preorder deal it would naturally follow that if it should need to be returned for any reason then you would send it back to that Address. Well that is what I did at a cost of 290 euros TNT three day fast service. That was on the 16th July. it arrived in Shenzhen three days later. It then sat in customs for three more days. It was shipped with a value of only 50 euros so that it would not incur import duties and it was marked for repair and checking. So DJI then say it must be returned to HK to their other department who hold the documents for its export. So it goes back to HK and is then sent back to Shenzhen where it has sat since that time awaiting DJI to respond. I was just informed by Eric Sun that it will take another 7 days for clearance. I think someone is taking the piss.
So where do dealers send stuff to when it needs to go back? Is this company starting to sink along side Goodluckbuy in terms of aftersales.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisViperM

I think this was the last time ever they got away with that pre-order gamble dealing directly with China. I bought my stuff directly from a dealer, and he handled the exchange pretty quick. Nobody knows exactly whats going on at this company and how they handle things, lots of them speak hardly English and they are World Champions in making things confusing and in the non-existance of communication. The most stupid thing in your case is to send items to another location "because the documents are there"...In todays economy documents are sent electronically.
The only thing you can do is to put as much pressure on them as you can...mail them a very harsh email to every mailbox you have from them, every 1 hour the same email. Threaten them to post your case on every forum avalible and tell them you are going to advise each and everyone NOT to buy their product. You won't make friends that way...but it can't get worse. Technical problems with the product itself could be understandable, but there is no excuse for this logistic fu##-up.

Kepp your nerves...

Chris

Digitech

we send directly to their hongkong adres as a repair return itesm with NO commercial value
invoice set to 0 and just put on the Shipping costs.
within 3 days they have the goods.

problem is with chenzeng that they have to declare goods from hongkong to china.
since hong kong is a different tax aera towards the rest of china , at least this was like that long time ago .
Denny if you have other issues you can always ship to us for help or repairs.
we always get spare parts thru with our orders so we dont pay extra shipping for that.
and almost every week we get dji goods overhere.
a real good exuse is to take the plane to cyprus and do some jetflying and repair a multikopter in the same time ;-)
ryan air is cheaper botways then ups single these days...

ChrisViperM

Obviously the answer from Digitech is much more useful than mine.....:tennis:

But this proofs my point to only buy from a reliable dealer who knows his stuff...

Chris

DennyR

we send directly to their hongkong adres as a repair return itesm with NO commercial value
invoice set to 0 and just put on the Shipping costs.
within 3 days they have the goods.

problem is with chenzeng that they have to declare goods from hongkong to china.
since hong kong is a different tax aera towards the rest of china , at least this was like that long time ago .
Denny if you have other issues you can always ship to us for help or repairs.
we always get spare parts thru with our orders so we dont pay extra shipping for that.
and almost every week we get dji goods overhere.
a real good exuse is to take the plane to cyprus and do some jetflying and repair a multikopter in the same time ;-)
ryan air is cheaper botways then ups single these days...
Thanks for the offer Sandos
Fact is that I am quite capable of doing the repair myself but they delivered faulty goods and I want them to fix it. As far as spare parts go I am doubtful that they even have them on the shelf. The Zen may actually need some internal electronics that were damaged by sea water so it is better to have them do that in house. It is not a dealers job to fix problems with stuff that they did not supply even if they are kind enough to offer.

PS We had the pleasure of seeing Mr Philotheo on Sunday and he actual flew a jet. He sends his regards and confirmed a personal delivery happened. Seem like a good reason to have a bit of a fly-inn one day. Some great aerial photography to be found in some places.

@ Chris
Yes the dealer option is the best way but the Preorder was a scam to get dealers to do their service work for free.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisViperM

@ Chris
Yes the dealer option is the best way but the Preorder was a scam to get dealers to do their service work for free.

...and they have to be quiet and swallow their anger. At least we can complain from time to time on the forum....