How to control a 2 axis mount? do you need a second TX?

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
hi

I was thinking of getting a : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RC-Camera-Mount-Kit-S-500-V2-330X-500X-/320782911703#ht_1651wt_956
for my go pro. what do you think ? could you recommend any thing else?

And if i got it how would i control it because i think on my tx all the controls are taken for controlling my gaui 330x. is this correct if so how do I control it?

Im new so excuse my silly questions

Alex

Normally the flight controller would stabilize the mount in both tilt and roll axis so there's nothing for you to control except for the degree of tilt on the camera platform. Since you have a Gaui 330X that isn't possible, the GU344 has no camera mount stabilization capability so you would need additional electronics to do the job if you want automatic stabilization.

Probably the best and least expensive option for what you want to do is stick one of the GoPro mounting shoes to the underside of the Gaui and get the longer landing legs to raise it up high enough to put the GoPro case underneath. Set the camera for upside down recording, put it in the case and go flying. If you like what you you see afterward, look at other flight controllers to replace the GU344 that can stabilize a camera mount and go from there.

Ken