How to connect Zenmuse (BMPCC) to HD Video Transmitter (not Lightbridge)

kantisman

Hi guys!
I own an s800 evo with naza m v2 and a zenmuse bmpcc gimbal.
Until now, I have been using it with an analog 1.2ghz video transmitter by putting an rca to this cable: http://i.imgur.com/UgYZMWd.png
Now, I have an HD video transmitter (not Lightbridge) and I was wondering how to do the connection. I have a normal micro hdmi input in the transmitter. Do you know how can I do the connection from the gimbal to this input? Is there a cable with the same plug that I have in that cable but with an hdmi in the other end?
Is anyone trying to do this?
Thank you very much for your help!

jrlederer

I currently (and at long last) have finalized a method by which I've been able to fly my Zenmuse GH4 with my prized Paralinx Tomahawk LR HDMI Tx, without needing to run any visible wires, but more importantly, no cables that could limit the slipring's ability to continuously rotate about the pan axis. The only catch is you will DEFINITELY have ZERO manufacturer's warranty after doing so. In the interest of limiting any liability or even blame for suggesting such procedures, I would just advise you to run a thin microHDMI from the camera to your HDMI Tx and just make sure upon each powerup (batt. change) that you remove the microHDMI end from the camera umtil the initialization procedure has completed.

Good Luck and hope this is of use. It's very irritating that DJI was so selfish in only porting their proprietary version of an HDMI connector (that LB nonsense -- or at least that's the impression I got when I attempted to use that immature system a few months ago -- but not sure if they've since released a magic firmware update to resolve the poor connection quality I constantly experienced while using it. Now if only someone could engineer an LB to HDMI cable or adapter to allow for utilization of other systems Zenmuse would earn a nearly perfect score in my book...but you vantage always get what you want...