Align Multicopter How do I set up my radio or aps-m to eliminate throttle cut on throttle stick with futaba t14sg

rsheehan79

First a quick comment on the title of this thread... "RTF"... If by RTF you mean 2 days of building, head scratching and programming... Haha.

Ok so I JUST finished my M690L build and got all of the programming done. Don't have the gimble or camera yet as I am still undecided on how I want to use this platform.
I haven't yet had this bird in the yet... it's that new, but have gone through all of my checks, my programming and updates, etc.
I did start the motors and everything is right. All stick and channel positions are right. And all coincide with the interface.
what I do not like, at all, is the method of throttle cut. It seems throttle all of the way down is motors off.
I was wondering if anybody has adjusted the mix to prevent throttle off and if I can use a channel switch instead. Would adjusting the throttle in the interface (currently set to -102 at throttle minimum) to -100 stop the cut? Am I making no sense here? Anyway, let me know. Thanks.

rsheehan79

Ok update. It seems motors will shut off if throttle is at less than 50% for more than a couple of seconds. This is not ideal and I am not sure what to adjust at this point. Curve? It is starting to frustrate me. I'm not putting this or any gear in the air with the throttle this way.

eskil23

Wikipedia Photographer
Something in the back of my head says "Calibrate your ESCs". I have not done this myself yet, so someone please fill me in.

Steven

I am new to this, where do i find some info on how to calibrate the esc's?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
to calibrate ESC's (99% of the time) take props off (important). Turn on radio and put throttle to 100%, plug in helicopter. The ESC's should beep differently, usually a series of 2 - 5 tones. Then after you hear the tones pull throttle to 0, The ESC's should beep 2 times. Unplug and reboot the helicopter. Your ESC's should be calibrated to your radio's throttle stick.