HiSite IISE - DroidWorx ADX3

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Just managed to get a HiSite IISE mount on to my ADX3. It was a bit expensive as a temp until the DW ProMini is available but I was desperate to get my camera on it.
I will post more on how I did it but now I need to know how to connect it to the FC and what the best configs are in MKTools? :confused:

View attachment 48
Home made frame mounts

View attachment 49
Now to connect it!

HELP! :eek:

Attachments

• Home made mount.jpg
    Home made mount.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 316
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 318
Last edited by a moderator:

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Just managed to get a HiSite IISE mount on to my ADX3. It was a bit expensive as a temp until the DW ProMini is available but I was desperate to get my camera on it.
I will post more on how I did it but now I need to know how to connect it to the FC and what the best configs are in MKTools? :confused:

View attachment 98
Home made frame mounts

View attachment 99
Now to connect it!

HELP! :eek:

You'll need to look at the proper connections for the servos here, about half way down the page... http://mikrokopter.us/MKDocs/FlightCtrl_ME_2_1.htm

And you'll find this somewhat useful also... http://mikrokopter.de/ucwiki/en/MK-Parameter/Camera

Quickly, make sure the servos are centered and the arms connected for full travel of the respective axis on the HiSight, I use a servo programmer for the initial setup and it can also be done by plugging the servos into a receiver with a flight pack battery for power.

In the camera tab of MKtool you will want to assign a Poti to Nick servo control so you can change the angle of the servo from the TX.

Servo control on the roll axis is used to set the centering/level of the platform on that axis, strictly trial and error, use a small bubble level if you have one and make sure the airframe is level when doing the adjustment.

Invert is self explanatory, if the servo moves the wrong way when you move the airframe, invert it.

Servo min and max on both axis are essentially endpoint adjustments, again trial and error depending on the servos and capabilities of the mount you're using.

The nick and roll compensation settings determine how much and how fast the servos respond to changes in level as sensed by the flight controller board. 40 is a good starting point for each but you'll need to do a couple test flights and evaluate the video results to see if it needs to go higher or lower. With the Pro mini I think I'm down to 30 on roll but 40 is working pretty good for tilt. For the HiSight it will be determined by the servos you're using and the weight of the camera on the mount, so yeah, more trial and error.

That should at least get you started and in the ballpark.

Ken

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
I should probably have added that tweaking nick and roll compensation settings are only important if you're doing video so that the platform on the mount stays as level as possible while the airframe is moving around, for doing stills the settings are not as critical. If you're going to jump right in and record video then you'll want to start with a short flight and look at the result. If either axis seems to lag, bump its compensation up a bit and try again. If it's over-responding, then turn the setting down a bit until you find a good compromise, you'll never get it perfect on a Hisight mount so don't drive yourself crazy trying.

Ken

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks AGAIN ken.. The Wiki stuff is a bit confusing. do you have a photo of your connections? Do you FC2.1? I think you do as you just got a new one me thinks!

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Is the one on the bottom left Nick and the one on the bottom top right roll?

Attachments

• Nick Roll.jpg
    Nick Roll.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 291

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Easiest way I can explain it...

Look at the smaller of the two ribbon cables (6 pins) attaching the FC to the Navi board, immediately to the right of it on the F/C is a pair of servo connectors, the nick servo connects to the bottom set of pins with the black wire closest to the ribbon cable. On the opposite side of the F/C board from that same ribbon cable is another set of servo connectors on the left when looking down from the top of the stack, the roll servo goes on the bottom set of pins with the black wire towards the center of the board. it's all diagrammed under "Connections" in the first link I put in the earlier post.

Ken

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Thanks again.. its been a long day.. off to bed I'm bushed..

Good night and good luck with it.

Tomorrow AM weather permitting I'm off to a nearby frozen lake to actually fly for a change rather than thread the needle of obstacles here around the yard with the Hexa and Hoverfly quad. I'll definitely be glad to see the spring thaw and have access to the fields again!

Time to start charging batteries...

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
:D:D:D YeHA!!! I got a working camera mount cant thank everyone enough for the help.. heehheeehhehhhehheeeeeeeheeee:D