High pitch whistle = Insta-headache

Blacksails

Nothing major.....just an annoyance really.

Since my WKM AD8 is now up and flying i've noticed that the motors (torxpower 3536) make a very high pitch whistling sound, which normally wouldn't bother me on a smaller quad but it's triggering some nasty headaches after flying for a while, its really quite intense.

My ESC's are hobbywing flyfun/pentium 40A and I have the timing set to mid. Would advancing or retarding the timing effect this whistle in any way?

It's not the props creating it, as the copter makes the same noise when bench tested without props on. I've watched videos of other heavy lifters with similair set ups and cant hear this annoying whistle on theirs......maybe its just the camera not picking it up?

Any suggestions? or is this something I just need to live with? My dog really REALLY cannot stand it!

Cheers guys

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
hi there

i do remember reading somthing simlar in another thread try using the search bar to see if you can find anything

also have you tried firing up motors one at a time to see if they all do it or could be just one or a couple of them

its a proccess of elimination

keith

kloner

Aerial DP
my bearings made a crazy whistle when i first got going and didn't have the props absolutely perfect. As my balancer got better, my whistle went away. Might even be the grease or the bearing pre-load cause i messed with that too. Was crazy loud and didn't seem right. mine were new but dji so ya know

not saying it's your problem, just saying

ESC's can make a similar noise like mentioned, but usually it varies alot in tone from almost low to high frequencies......