High, Peter from Cardiff { Living the Dream }

pj1967

Hello All

My Name is Peter i live in Cardiff, in the UK.

i am a Professional Action/Sports Photographer and have been an Avid RC fan/hobbyist for many a year, i have wanted to get into this field of work for a long time, but due to my work commitments i could not get around to pursuing my interests until now.
i have had a DJI Phantom for 2 years now and have enjoyed flying it, and i have just taken hold of a Skyjib 8 and WoW what a machine to fly, i read this forum all the time and i take my Hat off to you guys when i read about the Dedication and Commitment and can only think of the hours you Guys have put into your Platforms/Machines.

i look forward to Chatting to you all.

Regards

Peter

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Welcome Peter!

Commitment and dedication indeed! It's very strange when your hobby becomes your job, what do you do for a hobby then? I used to spend my free time tinkering with multirotors but now it's full time I find myself at a loss in the evening. Basically 16 hours a day with multis then bed then multis!

See you around.

pj1967

Hi There Benjamin
well my hobby doesn't get to the loftiest height of what you do im more of vehicles/Balsomwood glider tinkerest type of person, but this is more to do with my kids although i did own an old Spitfire and
Messerschmitt Bf109​
in which me and my Old man used to go over the local council field and Fly, till they put a stop to it and then we had nowhere to go anymore and he sold them which sadly ended his passion for them and as we could not get anywhere and we did not own a Car and the local RC field to us was over 10 miles away he gave up.

Now me, i want learn about these Rotorcraft and the limitations as i would like to get a Medium Format Camera into the Air if possible.

So my first question Benjamin is, is this Possible.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Now me, i want learn about these Rotorcraft and the limitations as i would like to get a Medium Format Camera into the Air if possible.

So my first question Benjamin is, is this Possible.

Hi Peter and welcome to the site. It is possible, it isn't easy, and it won't be cheap, but it is possible and you're at the right place if you decide to have a go at it.

Bart

pj1967

Cheers Bartman
Any advice is much Appreciated, i am currently running a Nikon camera on my Skyjib 8 at the moment and learning all the time. but my aim is to get my Medium Format on there as i know i can get Better and Bigger file size images and as i also have my own Large Format Printer [ 44inch ] i will hope to get some sublime imagery and being able to do this also gives me an unbelievable feeling when you see the results.