Hi from South Africa

wes1007

HI all. Quick into here

Im from South Africa.

I have many interests and hobbies (which equates to lots of time trying to manage my money :()

Just to name a few: heavily into photography (partly why i want a copter) , Im very much into DIY, Always loved playing with Arduinos and electronics, I work around a lot of computers and it is currently the feild i work in (systems Technician)

Hopefully i get some good recommendations on the build i play to do (click click) and can place an order on a few of the goodies :)

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Welcome to the forum! Sorry for the delay in replying! Alas when it's sunny we're all out flying and not sitting on the computer... :nevreness:

Mojave

South Africa is a big country. I have visited and stayed at Kirstenbosch National Botanic Garden in Cape Town and driven up north to the hook of the Orange River to spend time in the Hellskloof. I am interested in succulent plants and your country is one of the best places for plant hunting and fabulous landscapes. What big town are you near? What type of photography do you expect to use a multorotor helicopter for?

wes1007

Welcome to the forum! Sorry for the delay in replying! Alas when it's sunny we're all out flying and not sitting on the computer... :nevreness:

I dont blame you :p Fortunately (and unfortunately) South Africa is sunny for most of the year well atleast where I am.

South Africa is a big country. I have visited and stayed at Kirstenbosch National Botanic Garden in Cape Town and driven up north to the hook of the Orange River to spend time in the Hellskloof. I am interested in succulent plants and your country is one of the best places for plant hunting and fabulous landscapes. What big town are you near? What type of photography do you expect to use a multorotor helicopter for?

Indeed it is big! Near Richards bay with is on the south eastern side of South Africa, Lots of SUgar Cane farms on this side of the country.

Im not entirely sure yet. I plan to eventually end up with a DSLR octa for both video and general photography. Id like to be able to get that extra interesting birds eye view of events and such. Unfortunately the Law now prohibits any form of "Drone" with a camera :/

Other than that I'm just going to fly one around for the fun. Decided to wait a while before building my Multirotor and build my own version of a MendalMax v2 3d printer. (that way i can print parts and my own frame :) )

RotorJockey

Hi Guys
Haven't been on this forum for a while. Also in SA, in Pretoria (near Johannesburg). Because of recent legislation, I have put build plans on hold, but also interested in 3-D printing. Perhaps we can co-operate, wes. I have a metal lathe to make (prototype?) fittings to drawing. Being retired, I also have a busy day!

Mojave

Hi Guys
Haven't been on this forum for a while. Also in SA, in Pretoria (near Johannesburg). Because of recent legislation, I have put build plans on hold, but also interested in 3-D printing. Perhaps we can co-operate, wes. I have a metal lathe to make (prototype?) fittings to drawing. Being retired, I also have a busy day!

Could one of you send a link to the recent legislation? It would be interesting to read - Cheers!

ChrisViperM

Could one of you send a link to the recent legislation? It would be interesting to read - Cheers!

There is two links:

http://www.cuaasa.org/

http://www.screenafrica.com/page/ne...A-Civil-Aviation-Authority-bans-camera-drones

A few members of the CPASA (Commercial Producers Association of South Africa) had recently a meeting with the guys from SACAA which apperantely didn't go too well.....the CPASA is thinking about taking the SACAA to court, and I fly in the meantime like this "regulation" doesn't exist.....can't wait to drag these monkeys to court myself.

Chris

wes1007

There is two links:

http://www.cuaasa.org/

http://www.screenafrica.com/page/ne...A-Civil-Aviation-Authority-bans-camera-drones

A few members of the CPASA (Commercial Producers Association of South Africa) had recently a meeting with the guys from SACAA which apperantely didn't go too well.....the CPASA is thinking about taking the SACAA to court, and I fly in the meantime like this "regulation" doesn't exist.....can't wait to drag these monkeys to court myself.

Chris

Adam Oxford from HTXT sent me this not so long ago-Basically if its lighter than a certain weight and doesn't carry a camera or fly above a certain height restriction its legal. I cant remember all the specifics so id recommend giving it a read.

Hi Guys

Ill pop you a PM I'm still busy planning it out. at the moment its Looking like it will cost roughly R7k and have a print area of around 350mm x 200mm x 200mm. Check here for info on what I'm basing the design off of. Will be based on all local parts besides the RAMPS module and extruder (e3ds v6)