Hi from New Orleans

Jeffnola

Just happened on this site today and so glad I did. I have been watching YouTube videos on quad copters for weeks now. Gonna start a build soon. Wife bought me a small indoor helicopter that I love and lost and she replaced again.:tennis::tennis: Man I love her. Can't wait to build a quad though.

COMike93yj

Still Building!
Hi Jeff,

My apologies for the lack of responses to your intro. We have spoken in a few threads and I sincerely hope you are getting the help you need.

If you have any ???s please post them up!

Mike :)

flyingbuddha

I'm from New Orleans too, I've been flying planes (FPV and LOS) for a couple of months and just started building my first multi-rotor. Good luck, maybe we can have a NOLA Multirotor Meet Up soon.

Jeffnola

what part of new orleans you from. im in westwego or bridge city. just over the huey long bridge. i am fairly new to rc stuff and was going to try and build the group build following their guidelines but the budget just got cut severly with the wife going to school full time now. yeah a new orleans meet would be awesome. still gonna try to get it done just gonna take more time to get all i need. I have a nice work shed in my back yard that would work great for this project.

flyingbuddha

Im in near Bucktown and typically test things out at an empty lot on Wissner or the Buck Town Marina. Im very new too, I picked up a Bixler II from HK in August and have have build several "foamboard" airplanes since (just swapping parts out every time). Ive been using FPV (via fixed wing) for mapping purposes, but there are a few sites where a multi-rotor could be useful. I just finished building a Y6 Multirotor with the APM 2.6 today. Once I get it tuned and get bigger batteries (this thing is a pig for amps)...I'd like to start doing some fully autonomous missions.
I feel ya with the wife in school, me and my wife played school/work tag for the last couple of years and Im glad its over.
Cheers