Hey Everybody

teleotis

Good day all,

I thought I would introduce myself. I am a relative newcomer to to the multicopter world. As with a lot of you (I would imagine) my fascination with multicopters started small and spiraled out of control. A couple of years ago I purchased 2 very generic counter-rotating prop toy helicopters. Though fun, I quickly bored and got a couple of Syma singel-rotor copters. My wife, much to her chagrin then gave me a Hubsan X4 FPV for Christmas and it was on. From that point forward, things progressed rapidly. I moved up to a WL V686 and soon after a Cheerson CX-20. I had tinkered with the Cheerson so much that it soon barely resembled the original. I started mounting the CX-20 pieces on a 500mm frame and was not satisfied with the results. That frame now holds zero of the Cheerson's original components. I have recently "completed" my first scratch build craft on that frame. It has been a very rewarding process, though I learned a hard lesson yesterday with regard to flying the machine with chipped carbon-fiber rotors (awaiting parts before I can fly again). Anyway, I stumbled across this forum and read some really good insight from people sharing some of the same interests as myself. Looking forward to bouncing ideas off of folks on the site. Thanks.

Chris