Hexacrafter to release x8 frames.

Pumpkinguy

Folks, if you haven't heard of this manufacturer of top quality airframes or have just never considered them because they focused on hex frames only in the past you need to take a second look.
In the last year Andrew has added a 1250mm flat 8 monster and will be shipping both a 850 and 1150mm x8 in the near future.
Andrew is without a doubt the most genuine and honest guy I have met in this business to date. Based out of OHIO he stocks parts for all his frames and always ships fast. It's a big plus if you fly for a living to have quick parts availability.
His frames are rock solid and built like a brick shite house. Under priced in my opinion for what you get and the after sales service he provides is second to none.

https://www.hexacrafter.com/index.php

Disclaimer, I am not paid by Andrew. Lol. Just a happy customer.

Last edited by a moderator:

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I can't wait. I have been waiting to say something for a while now. Andrew is one of the best designers when it comes to frames. He usually has thought of EVERYTHING!
I will have one.
My HC-800 is my workhouse for my BMPCC, and I will make the X8 my WH for my M5/H6... :D

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Wait, I thought you were Phantom 3 only now??? :)

NAHHHHHH just for "non-aerial" gigs where I want to use some aerials...

Some cats still want GH4 - RED, A7... BMPCC......

But after getting the P3 it has crossed my mind. (and I did feel REALLY greasy and sell outie)

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Ya. I remember sleepy telling us our big rigs are obsolete. I was like "wtf" 10k wasted. Lol

NOT WASTED.. but the need for them will be diminishing. Look... the PEAK of what you can fly now has a Mini. SO if you can carry an ARRI Mini with a fat lens, what else do you need? The days of the 50b lifters are numbered...

BUT... a Hexacrafter X8... this are right in the pocket. Perfect for the BM cams, the Sony cams, the Panasonic.... And they are a thing of beauty. I'd have one just to eyeball once in a while and make me smile! :D

Giovanni59

Andrew is a standup guy, willing to help with all problems, even when not directly related to his products. I am so lucky I went with him for all my frame builds.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
OK guys making some awesome progress on my Hexacrafter X8. This is the 850 version with Avroto 3520's. Perfect rig for the M5/H6 and it will be used for just that! The quality of this airframe is simply un matched. It's simple, strong and elegant. The Carbon is unmatched for quality in any kit I have ever seen... this rig is going to ROCK!

View attachment 25126

View attachment 25128

View attachment 25131

View attachment 25129

View attachment 25135

View attachment 25134

View attachment 25133

View attachment 25132

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_2920.JPG
    IMG_2920.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_2964.JPG
    IMG_2964.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_2967.JPG
    IMG_2967.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_2969-1.JPG
    IMG_2969-1.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_2969.JPG
    IMG_2969.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_3009.JPG
    IMG_3009.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 374
  • IMG_3010.JPG
    IMG_3010.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_3011.JPG
    IMG_3011.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 337
  • IMG_3012.JPG
    IMG_3012.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 343

Mojave

Will you adjust the arm at the motor mounts (sand) so all the props are level and in the same plane?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Will you adjust the arm at the motor mounts (sand) so all the props are level and in the same plane?

Probably fly first and see if it needs it.. I think with an X8 that's less of an issue as it is with a flat hex or onto.

Also, speaking with Andrew, I am going to bump off the mast and mount the puck to a layer of carbon, the whole area is shock mounted and having the mast there could cause some unwanted vibrations. Andrew has thought of it all....

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
You could also shim the motors. McMaster has a pretty reasonable shim stock pack with plenty of sizes and more than you'd need.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Specific? Like cut to shape or something? That's trick.

I don't mind snipping the shim stock myself - and that way I have a ton of spare thickness etc.

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Specific? Like cut to shape or something? That's trick.

I don't mind snipping the shim stock myself - and that way I have a ton of spare thickness etc.

I think it's made to specific sizes so you can adjust at like .25 deg at a time? I'm sure Andrew can pop on and explain. All I know is he has em, and everything he designs is pretty awesome, so I am thinking the ones he made will , well... be awesome. :D

Mojave

Yes I am a 'student' of Kloners' - a shim kit sound awesome. Steve looked at my iOSD II flight data and showed me the motors that were fighting each other. The goal was to get a bit more flight time and work with motors that did not get as hot.