Welcome To DroneVibes

DroneVibes is a COMMUNITY of drones enthusiasts. We are experts at drones for all professional and consumer applications. We welcome you to register and join the conversation.

Hexacrafter.com HexaCrafter & Kloner Built Release G2 Brushless Gimbal- Press Release

Discussion in 'Drone Vendor Announcements and Support' started by Hexacrafter, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Hexacrafter

Hexacrafter Manufacturer

Dec 11, 2012
    Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    Posted by Hexacrafter, Nov 11, 2013 #1
    HexaCrafter & Kloner Built Release G2 Brushless Gimbal
    HexaCrafter ltd. is proud to release the G2- BrushlessGimbal.
    The G2 Brushless Camera Gimbal has been developed inconjunction with Kloner Built llc. RTF versions of the gimbal are assembled& Tested by Kloner (Well known on the forums as a professional aerialcinematographer & FPV fanatic).
    The G2 gimbal is the result of nearly a year of design &testing. This brushless gimbal is offered both 2-Axis and 3-Axis andadditionally can be fitted with a Tri-Pod style landing gear. It is designed tomate quickly to 15mm rails at 60mm Centers. This size & spacing is a“standard” DSLR Rail Mount and allows the use of conventional DSLR mounts,handle systems & shoulder harnesses for hand carry use. 15mm quick disconnectsare available to quickly mount to the HC-800 Airframe (with optional 15mm loadrails) and then transition to Hand Held using a DSLR Rail System HandleAssembly.
    It is offered as NEX sized or GH3 sized. Conversions betweenthese is possible but will require reconfiguring the Camera “cage” and loadinga different AlexMOS profile.
    This gimbal is currently being flown professionally withBoth NEX size & GH3 cameras with results we were not able to obtain withother available gimbals. Little or no Post Stabilization is the goal of thedesign.
    Please take the time to visit our site: www.hexacrafter.com and review our new G2gimbal offerings.
    Additional information is available in the G2 Gimbal AssemblyManual:
    http://www.hexacrafter.com/index.php?id_cms=41&controller=cms
    Video from the G2 Series Gimbal canbe seen here: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeBhItEpsCov1P7SgqgX47w?guided_help_flow=3

These are “professional” quality gimbals designed to obtain the “professional” results required by the Aerial Photography & Cinematography Industry.
    View attachment 14639
    View attachment 14640 View attachment 14641
    The G2 Gimbal series is available as a “Special Order” witha 2-3 week lead time.
    Respectfully,
    Andrew R Raines
    HexaCrafter ltd.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
    Tags:
  2. VINHEX

VINHEX Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Herts England
    Posted by VINHEX, Nov 11, 2013 #2
    Awesome!

3. kloner

kloner Aerial DP

Jan 5, 2012
    San Diego
    Posted by kloner, Nov 30, 2013 #3

4. VINHEX

VINHEX Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Herts England
    Posted by VINHEX, Nov 30, 2013 #4
    Smoooooooooth! More Silky than silky the silk worms cod piece lol...... Excellent work buddy.. Keep it high!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. kloner

kloner Aerial DP

Jan 5, 2012
    San Diego
    Posted by kloner, Nov 30, 2013 #5
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. SleepyC

SleepyC www.AirHeadMedia.com

Posted by SleepyC, Nov 30, 2013 #6
    Can’t wait. i just got my quick release clips in yesterday..... I am so stoked about the new landing gear.
    I’m just bummed i did not go for the GH3 cage... now that i have that I’m all mad I bought the NEX version...

Oh well.. upgrade sooon!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2013
  7. Posted by Mojave, Nov 30, 2013 #7
    Kloner good work. I went to the site and looked at the build. What bodies in the Canon line up do you consider "full size Cannon GH3 size DSLR" that will work with the rig?

8. kloner

kloner Aerial DP

Jan 5, 2012
    San Diego
    Posted by kloner, Nov 30, 2013 #8
    yea, we need to talk to Andrew about his chenglish, he's as midwestern american as they come too..... Right now we have it running on gh3 pretty good, i'm still not sure about the 4114 yaw motors and the legs with a dslr like 5d. it does work with the gimbal without legs fine, but we just re engineered the legs to be more aerodynamic and it's flying much better. Today i have a nex5 mounted up and am heading out to the field to give the flight controller a workout and see where the gimbal pid profile is performance wise

Sleepy, you have the cage in the box i sent the gimbal in. all you need is the pid's and a third axis to go full monty.

The biggest benefit here is for a ready to film gimbal that can fly larger than normal lenses in this class is hard to beat the value. It even comes to you after it's been test flown and the footage checked. It's not just a box of parts and a link for your browser.

9. Hexacrafter

Hexacrafter Manufacturer

Dec 11, 2012
    Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    Posted by Hexacrafter, Nov 30, 2013 #9
    Forum, I apologize for any confusion on the cameras. This is not my area of expertise. Kloner can respond to camera type/sizes. SleepyC...we can easily switch it to GH3 when you pick-up the new landing gear assembly. The Roll pulley ratio also changes between NEX & GH3. This is very easy...

10. Posted by Mojave, Nov 30, 2013 #10
    Thanks for the clarification; regardless it is good to get some variety in the gimbal arena. I will not be ready to lift my Canon 5D for a while. But when I am, there will be a better selection, good for all of us.

11. adanac

adanac Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Posted by adanac, Jul 21, 2014 #11
    I can find no videos that show the results I can expect if I buy one. I need to buy a gimbal for a GH4. :)

12. kloner

kloner Aerial DP

Jan 5, 2012
    San Diego
    Posted by kloner, Jul 21, 2014 #12
    a tight tuning vid with 35mm focal then zoomed 300%

follo roll tilt was on and did some weird stuff, 1% warp added

raw no wind...

13. adanac

adanac Member

Mar 13, 2013
    Posted by adanac, Jul 21, 2014 #13
    thank you. What is "follo roll tilt?" In the desert video the horizon appears to rock gently back and forth as if on a ship. It it also tilts up and down. Are these moves deliberate/normal?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
  14. kloner

kloner Aerial DP

Jan 5, 2012
    San Diego
    Posted by kloner, Jul 21, 2014 #14
    it is a setting that you enable for handheld, or to look like a stabilized plane look.... in this case it was a handheld mode. Also doing sustained 37mph

that's roll/follow mode.

heres another

like everybody were waiting on phobotic controllers to replace these alexmos with that is self tuning. it should eliminate the rest of the wobble/shake. The biggest benefit of these is it's any lens capability. they come in direct drive or indirect drive

15. min0nim

min0nim Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Posted by min0nim, Aug 25, 2014 #15
    Hi Kloner, what's the heaviest camera you've run with your gimbal? How would it cope with a D600 and FF lens - say 1.3kg?

16. kloner

kloner Aerial DP

Jan 5, 2012
    San Diego
    Posted by kloner, Aug 25, 2014 #16
    with the phobotic board i'm told it'll carry dslr with these motors on up to an epic with larger motors. talk to andrew and get an official blessing.

17. min0nim

min0nim Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Posted by min0nim, Aug 25, 2014 #17
    Awesome, thanks mate.

18. min0nim

min0nim Member

Jun 12, 2014
    Posted by min0nim, Aug 25, 2014 #18
    Hi Kloner, I just tried the email from the Hexacrafter website, but I get a bounce from the server. I'm using arsines AT hexacrafters.com (replace the AT of course). Do you know if this is still right?

19. kloner

kloner Aerial DP

Jan 5, 2012
    San Diego
    Posted by kloner, Aug 25, 2014 #19
    That's him, he will respond to you here today, i'll make sure

20. Hexacrafter

Hexacrafter Manufacturer

Dec 11, 2012
    Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
    Posted by Hexacrafter, Aug 25, 2014 #20
    Clarification- araines AT hexacrafter.com