Help with JR 11x zero and Nasa

NorwayNick

Hi, im having trouble programing my new radio, JR 11x zero

I set up the flight mode switch to use GPS Ati, Ati Hold , Manual but cannot figure out how you program a seperate switch to select the fail safe mode.
I can use the end point adjustment to use the 3 possition switch instead of manual, but thats not the idea way to set it up.

im just not sure how to set this up, so any advice would be great

Nick

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
With the Naza you can have GPS, ATTI, MAN or GPS, ATTI, Failsafe. At least I think that's how it goes. Unlike the Wookong you don't have a separate RTH channel. I just remember the percentage of travel adjust needed and select it at the field. Unless of course you have a 4 position switch which would be awesome.

Cool?

Ben, are you sure?
I setup my Naza the same as my WKM with a Man/Att/GPS 3-pos switch, and a separate switch for Failsafe. From any of the three modes, I can also command the Naza into Failsafe via this second switch. In my case, I'm using a Futaba 8FG and I use the Mixing function such that when the FS switch is flipped, it add/subtracts from the Man/Att/GPS switch to put the U output into the Failsafe region. Here's a video I found (for the 8FG) that I followed for my setup.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmDehc5PEUQ

Having said all that, when I tried to use the FS switch a couple of days ago on my updated firmware I couldn't get it into Failsafe. I'm gonna have to trouble shoot that here later this week. Maybe Ben is correct that, even though I'm putting the U output into the Failsafe region, the Naza won't execute it... but that would seem strange. Otherwise, why would they specify that region in the U input.

NorwayNick

ok so here is how i think it goes it seems to work for me now.
First you have to set up your failsafe as in the sticky thread about the JR 9 channel receivers, when this is succesfull you can then re adjust the switch 3 possition to manual.
Now you have the 3 possition switch with GPS Atti, Atti Hold , Manual. And when you turn off the transmitter it switches to failsafe.

that is what the DJI assistant is showing, i will go out and test it tomorrow

Benjamin Kenobi

Yep, that's how I did it too. Although to test it in the field use a switch, not turning off your controller. Too risky.

I think the dual input on the U channel won't work because one signal is possibly overriding the other? Don't quote me on that though.

Ben, you are correct that the intent of the setup is that the FS switch is overriding the 3-way. With SW Assistant, I do confirm that the switches do correct command the Naza into Failsafe (i.e. the Failsafe zone turns blue). It just occurred to me... don't I have to keep it in the Failsafe position for over x many seconds? Because when I tried it on Sunday, I only flipped it to Failsafe for like 2 seconds, then flipped it back to GPS once it appeared it wasn't responding.

Benjamin Kenobi

I think 3 seconds to activation. I've only had failsafe activate once when I flew 2.2km on my 2.4GHz spektrum tx and it took 3seconds from loss of signal to failsafe activation. Will post the video when I'm allowed as it was during a shoot that's not complete yet.