Help to choose ESC

Tokaz

Hello

I have had some problems with my Turnigy Plush and now I intend to replace them.
Just wondering if anyone can advise on what to buy.
Considering the Maytech v1 30A or DJI 30A.
Are running avroto 770 and graupner 11X5 props and 2x 4s5000 on a hexa.

Fredde

DennyR

It depends on which firmware the Turnigy has, earlier ones have 3.1 and you need 4.1 HiModel and HobbyWing now have 4.1 TC's reflashed with Simonk firmware at Abusemark are good providing that you are not running 14 pole flat low Kv motors These need 30 degrees of advance which normally only comes with 40Amp and over ESC's with 4 timing options.

Tokaz

Hello

Today i have tested to flash one rctimer 30a. Get this message in flash tool

avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.01s

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x1e9307
avrdude.exe: NOTE: FLASH memory has been specified, an erase cycle will be performed
To disable this feature, specify the -D option.
avrdude.exe: current erase-rewrite cycle count is -50462977 (if being tracked)
avrdude.exe: erasing chip
avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude.exe: reading input file "tgy.hex"
avrdude.exe: input file tgy.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
avrdude.exe: writing flash (2068 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 0.51s

avrdude.exe: 2068 bytes of flash written
avrdude.exe: verifying flash memory against tgy.hex:
avrdude.exe: load data flash data from input file tgy.hex:
avrdude.exe: input file tgy.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
avrdude.exe: input file tgy.hex contains 2068 bytes
avrdude.exe: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.61s

avrdude.exe: verifying ...
avrdude.exe: 2068 bytes of flash verified

avrdude.exe: safemode: Fuses OK

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.

Don't know if it works. I made a little youtube clip also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_FYmgZAAS4

Fredde

Pete80

It depends on which firmware the Turnigy has, earlier ones have 3.1 and you need 4.1 HiModel and HobbyWing now have 4.1 TC's reflashed with Simonk firmware at Abusemark are good providing that you are not running 14 pole flat low Kv motors These need 30 degrees of advance which normally only comes with 40Amp and over ESC's with 4 timing options.

DennyR,
I am considering getting some t-motor mt2216-10 motors that are 900kv and have 14 poles, currently I have hobbywing 30a pentiums flashed with Simonk.. do you think I will run into problems with my esc's or will the kv be high enough that I am OK?
Thanks, Pete
Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

hugy

Don't get the maytechs. They are just rebranded hobbyking blueseries. Get the simonk escs instead.

Dewster

I like DJI's 30A ESC. They are plug and play (no programming required. The motor ends already have 3.5mm bullet connectors attached so you just need to connect/solder the wires to a power distribution board or wire harness. I have an XAircraft DIY Hexa with camera mount, Avroto 2814/11s motors, APC 10x4.7 props. The craft with camera (Sony Nex5n), 6000 mah battery, and camera gimbal weigh 7 pounds. I'm at my limit for flight weight with the positioning of the camera towards the front of the craft.