Discussion HELP NEEDED

Reif

I have bought a drone Eachine Wizard X220 FPV Racing Drone Blheli_S F3 6DOF 2205 2300KV Motors 5.8G 48CH 200MW VTX ARF
but i was woundering what remote controler goes with it because minecame without it.
many thanks guys

JCLs

You like stepping off cliffs I guess. You need to do a bunch of studying up. ARF, means almost ready to fly. That means there may or may not be a receiver in the aircraft for control. If a receiver is there, which it does not look like, then you need to buy a transmitter, you call remote controller, to match receiver. Otherwise you need a receiver and transmitter usually from same manufacturer but for sure compatible. Then you need a receiver and viewer, goggles or screen and receiver to view the video coming from the 5.8 GHz video transmitter. I'd start reading if I were you.

Trevcharl

You like stepping off cliffs I guess. You need to do a bunch of studying up. ARF, means almost ready to fly. That means there may or may not be a receiver in the aircraft for control. If a receiver is there, which it does not look like, then you need to buy a transmitter, you call remote controller, to match receiver. Otherwise you need a receiver and transmitter usually from same manufacturer but for sure compatible. Then you need a receiver and viewer, goggles or screen and receiver to view the video coming from the 5.8 GHz video transmitter. I'd start reading if I were you.

Trevcharl

My kit also came without a controller or receiver. I dont have much money so I opted for a cheaper controller, which is programmable. It might be pertinent to get something that you can program, and you will need an app for your computer as well. Many of these apps are free downloads. Your flight controller might have a serial input, be it Sbus or I2c, if you have that it will save you a lot of wiring. The Flysky FS-i6s can be programmed without a computer, it has a touch screen LCD with menu's etc. The receivers come with the controller, but sometimes they market these two things individually. Double diversity receivers are quite cheap (Double diversity means it has two fully functional receivers in one package, the best signal received is used to feed the FC) This also means you will have to download the application for the flight controller, so you can match the channels of the transmitter and the FC. Many of the flight controllers have a mini USB socket, a cable with a standard usb to mini usb is used to couple the FC to the computer. Google the methods used here, there are some good presentations in this regard. The receiver and transmitter have to be "bound" and this being the case you could use the same transmitter with another machine, if you "bind" that receiver to your transmitter. It might sound difficult at first, but do some research on the things you can afford, the firmware and software downloads are not as difficult as it first seems. I use Ubuntu, got a download for that, and a download for Windows is even easier. (One has to add some apps to take care of certain functions). You have chose a hobby that will take you t places you have never been before.....lol