Help needed with motor calculations.

Hello everyone!
This is my first post here and I'm in needs of some advice. I'am currently doing some research to develop a multirotor platform to house an extremely expensive camera that will be used for certain types of inspections. I can't go into details about the type of camera because the core is not available to the public and is used in military applications so I'm held to an NDA.

I understand the thrust to weight calculation but where I'm hung up is that not all motors have the thrust listing for different sized props. I would like to use this frame as a good starting point
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idproduct=35908.html

Now at the bottom it is noted that the frame needs 28-XX/35-XX brushless motor x 4. I don't quite understand what the 28-XX/35-XX means. I'm assuming that is the millimeter size of the motors? Now on hobby kings website they don't have things broken down by motor size. They also don't have thrust ratings on a majority of their motors. Is there a way to calculate thrust via KV/RPM and prop size? If so can you please point me in the direction where I can read about this.

So far the weight break down for the whole unit is going to be right around 933 grams. This will change as I look into different battery options for extended flight times and the possibility of using a GPS and a FPV system.

So as of right now I would need roughly 559g of thrust per motor but this will change.

One more thing. When it comes to batteries. Are there known brands out there to stay away from because of their poor quality?

Any advice would be greatly appriciated!

-Take Care-

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
If you are flying an extremely expensive camera then can I suggest that you avoid using a quad as there is no redundancy in the drive train. Go for a hexa as a minimum.